Visual Glitches and Stuttering in game

by CREAM__f1

Original Post

Re: Visual Glitches and Stuttering in game

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@CREAM__f1 

Wired, your dxdiag says "DirectX Version: DirectX 12".Well, you've already tried a lot. The last steps I would take would be to reset the BIOS (load optimal defaults, which you have probably already done after the BIOS update) and reinstall Windows. If none of this helps, it could be a hardware fault.

Have you ever tried to install the graphics card in the second slot?
Message 11 of 24 (2,105 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Reinstalled windows, Tried all 3 different DP ports on the GPU, tried both graphic card slots on the MOBO. No success.  If it is a hardware issue how come winter express runs perfectly fine.  At this point I would love for it to be a hardware issue because I would know exactly what to do.

Message 12 of 24 (2,093 Views)

★★★★ Pro

If winter express runs perfect this will become to a different story lol. 

Message 13 of 24 (2,078 Views)

★★ Apprentice

downloaded on origin and tried a number of things only to make it worse.  Winter express and Firerange work pretty well with only minor issues. That has been the most annoying part of all of this in order to really test any of the parameters I have changed I have to load up and play a 60 person game. i dont know what to do. I guess I cant play.

Message 14 of 24 (2,048 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Sick1ClickI can 100% confirm that winter express runs perfectly well. no stuttering. I am so confused on what could be the issue lol.

Message 15 of 24 (2,023 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@CREAM__f1 

Your graficcard runs at x16 3.0? You can check that in windows with GPU-Z

Lets try a config change: 

• navigate to C:\Users\*username*\Saved Games\Respawn\Apex\local
  • copy the videoconfig.txt to your desktop (so that you have backed up your settings and can restore them later if necessary)
  • open the videoconfig.txt in C:\Users\*username*\Saved Games\Respawn\Apex\local 
  • delete all
  • now copy and past this:
Spoiler
"VideoConfig"
{
"setting.cl_gib_allow" "0"
"setting.cl_particle_fallback_base" "-999999"
"setting.cl_particle_fallback_multiplier" "-999999"
"setting.cl_ragdoll_maxcount" "0"
"setting.cl_ragdoll_self_collision" "0"
"setting.mat_forceaniso" "0"
"setting.mat_mip_linear" "0"
"setting.stream_memory" "0"
"setting.mat_picmip" "4"
"setting.particle_cpu_level" "0"
"setting.r_createmodeldecals" "0"
"setting.r_decals" "0"
"setting.r_lod_switch_scale" "0.35"
"setting.shadow_enable" "0"
"setting.shadow_depth_dimen_min" "0"
"setting.shadow_depth_upres_factor_max" "0"
"setting.shadow_maxdynamic" "0"
"setting.ssao_enabled" "0"
"setting.ssao_downsample" "3"
"setting.dvs_enable" "0"
"setting.dvs_gpuframetime_min" "4167"
"setting.dvs_gpuframetime_max" "4084"
"setting.defaultres" "1920"
"setting.defaultresheight" "1080"
"setting.fullscreen" "1"
"setting.nowindowborder" "0"
"setting.volumetric_lighting" "0"
"setting.mat_vsync_mode" "0"
"setting.mat_backbuffer_count" "0"
"setting.mat_antialias_mode" "0"
"setting.csm_enabled" "0"
"setting.csm_coverage" "0"
"setting.csm_cascade_res" "512"
"setting.fadeDistScale" "1.000000"
"setting.dvs_supersample_enable" "0"
"setting.gamma" "1.000000"
"setting.configversion" "7"
"setting.modeldecals_forceAllowed" "-1"
}
  • save the videoconfig.txt
  • right click on it, read only

Play apex, and tell me if it's better.

Message 16 of 24 (5,116 Views)

★★ Apprentice

i played a single game before have to go to work.  And I think this fixed it.  What did it do??  I know that Values for mine where very different in some of the cases.

Message 17 of 24 (2,029 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@CREAM__f1 

That's good to hear! This is my personal high FPS CFG. I don't care about good graphics in this game, I just want the best performance ... that's the only bad thing about it, your game doesn't look that good anymore. I noticed that Apex has some issues with texture, medium or high level settings cost a tremendous amount of performance. It is not without reason that all professional players play with low settings ...

Message 18 of 24 (2,015 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro
Basically, this videoconfig.txt now reduces the graphics parameters below the minimum, i.e. lower than can actually be set via the menu in Apex.

You should also note that from now on (as read only) settings can be changed, but the settings from the videoconfig.txt file will apply again the next time you start apex. If the read only option is not set, the set values ​​are not retained. You can try setting the value for "setting.stream_memory" to 200000, then the game will look okay again (of course you have to remove read only before changing, then choose again). However, I recommend that you just leave it like that, so don't change it, that's just how it works the best.
Message 19 of 24 (2,002 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I found that the game wont stutter if i put in your values furthermore I found it wont stutter with your values then turning Anti-aliasing on in game along with  texture stream budget to medium (3GB VRAM) and texture filtering to 2x.  So I dont have to sacrifice all of the visuals.  This is great.  After doing more reading in forums I believe the issue with the RTX 2060 super stuttering was new Nvidia drivers + Nvidia Reflex being on.  The solution there would of been rolling back the drivers to before Nvidia reflex.  With the RTX 3000 series there are no drivers you can roll back to since they are so new.  The solution (your solution) is turn the video settings way down which fixed it for me.  This forum along with other forums I have found this issue common with players who have upgraded to an RTX 3000 series.  I am sure in the future either apex or Nvidia will will have an update that allows RTX 3000 to run the game smoothly without having to change the videoconfig file.

Message 20 of 24 (1,942 Views)