Video settings keep changing back to default. Game makes me play intro gameplay.

by glebvj

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Video settings keep changing back to default. Game makes me play intro gameplay.

★★★ Newbie

Hey everyone. I have a problem with Bf 5. 

So the problem is that I can not change my video settings. 

I launch the game, watch the "attack on narvic scene" for 100th time, change the settings, exit the game, run it again and it doesnt change.

My resolution stays the same and the quality seems same as well.

I found out that my PROFSAVE_profile file changes everytime I run the game, automatically. 

After I close the game, setting in this file are what I need them to be, but as soon as I start it, it just changes.

Tried to reinstall the game, tried to reinstall Origin itself, tried installing to a different location, tried to repair the game, nothing worked. 

Does anyone have the same issue? And the most annoying part of it all is that I finished the intro gameplay, but every time I run it, it drops back to the beginning like I never did. 

What is going on?

Message 1 of 3 (990 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Video settings keep changing back to default. Game makes me play intro gamep

Hero

Hi @glebvj and welcome to Answers HQ

There's already a bunch of threads on this already. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Video-Settings-Causing-reset-on-change-Makes-me-restart-P... is the big thread and I would advise you read that one instead of creating a new thread Standard smile

carbonic signature

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (983 Views)

All Replies

Re: Video settings keep changing back to default. Game makes me play intro gamep

★★★ Newbie

Hello to all, indeed I have the same problem here.  going true & true the settings but everytime I restart the game ALL settings are gone THIS IS REALLY HELL!!

My game is installed on another drive Game controller but the parameters are correctly put into documents on the C drive!

I already run the game as administrator but nothing helps

Message 2 of 3 (985 Views)

Hero

Hi @glebvj and welcome to Answers HQ

There's already a bunch of threads on this already. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Video-Settings-Causing-reset-on-change-Makes-me-restart-P... is the big thread and I would advise you read that one instead of creating a new thread Standard smile

carbonic signature

Message 3 of 3 (984 Views)