Video Settings Causing reset on change. Makes me restart Prologue.

by farfromidle

Original Post

Re: Video Settings Causing reset on change. Makes me restart Prologue.

Hero

Why is this topic marked Solved?  The issue is clearly not solved.

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 61 of 128 (3,022 Views)

Hero

@DarthFDG wrote:

Why is this topic marked Solved?  The issue is clearly not solved.

The original poster's issue was solved, so that person (or EA personal) marked it as solved. That's how Answers HQ works, however, the thread does contain other solutions and information as to why it's most likely happening.

As a Champion on this site, I think you should have known that.

If anyone still has this issue and all the solutions and background information in this thread was not enough then I would advise creating a new thread, adding all the information from https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/How-To-Write-amp-Get-Responses-for-Your-Technical-Issue/m... and making sure to mention what solutions from this thread has already been tried and what the results were.

carbonic signature

Message 62 of 128 (3,004 Views)

★★ Novice

Just to be very clear, the PROSAVE_TMP solutution works, and yes it's a temporary fix, the problem will still persist. BUT, you will be fine as long as you do change the TMP extension EVERY time you close the game (or before launching the game again). After renaming the PROSAVE_TMP to PROSAVE, adjust your settings and all, it will save properly. You must delete your previous PROSAVE file after each time you quit de game and replace it with the new PROSAVE_TMP your game created. 

So to be clear: Rename your PROSAVE_TMP to PROSAVE, change your settings, after you quit the game, delete the PROSAVE you previously renamed and rename the new PROSAVE_TMP the game just created. EVERY time you quit the game, so you don't forget next time you launch the game and it all get reset by accident. 

Message 63 of 128 (3,542 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Carbonic - I'm very clear on what constitutes a solved issue.  This is why I'm questioning why it is marked as solved.

As you mentioned, there is a way to treat the symptom, not a fix for the issue.

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 64 of 128 (3,646 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I needed a solution I didn't find anywhere else, and reported it as as bug.

You can find my solution here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Battlefield-V-Having-to-play-intro-mission-every-time-you-star...

Message 65 of 128 (3,620 Views)

Re: Can't save my game settings

★★★ Novice
i don't have bfv folder in my document
Message 66 of 128 (2,454 Views)

★ Novice

I do not have a bf5 folder in documents?

Message 67 of 128 (3,576 Views)

battlefield V delux edition don't save settings, HELP ME PLZ.

★★ Novice

My settings reset every time I quit the game what do do i tryed to uninstall and install game and repair and nothing plz help

Message 68 of 128 (3,387 Views)

Battlefield 5 single player and settings will not save - take two

★★★ Novice

I will start a new thread on this, since the previous thread on the issue were mistakenly (at least for me) set as answered:

I use folder redirections for my documents folder like this:

\\servername\Shares\username\Documents

When I play the game, Battlefield V saves data in there, and I now have a \\servername\Shares\username\Documents\Battlefield V folder with 3 folders in it:

- Screenshots
- settings
- twinkle

Under settings I have 5 files, all starting with PROFSAVE.

But when I start the game, none of the settings I applied earlier is there: I have to go through the intro again, change mouse settings etc. every time.

To me, it seems that BFV is able to save settings to a redirected folder, but not read them back out, since it is probably hard coded to look at C:\Users\%username%, which is of course a bad idea.
You know, since that folder does not exist when using redirected folders.

So.... can you please fix this?
This is the first time in years I've had this problem. One should think that in 2018 developers knows about things like this.

Message 69 of 128 (3,508 Views)

Re: Battlefield 5 single player and settings will not save - take two

Hero (Retired)

Hey @Dal1971,

I found a similar thread that may help you with this issue.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/152687/battlefield-v-open-beta-client-dont-save-sett...

If you re-name the PROFSAVE file, your settings should be saved.

Have you tried this, and re-launched the game?

Thanks Standard smile