Video Settings Causing reset on change. Makes me restart Prologue.

by farfromidle

Original Post

Re: The game doesn't save the settings

★★★★ Novice

Finally I got a workaround - delete the whole Battlefield V folder and try again.

At least I don't have to play the prologue again but PROFSAVE file won't update - only all the other files within settings folder.

I made a crosscheck with Battlefield 1 - basically, all files need to update already after starting the game. So I'm now looking forward to get a fix from DICE.

Message 31 of 128 (3,361 Views)

Re: The game doesn't save the settings

★★★★★ Novice
Fixed for me. Cheers
Message 32 of 128 (3,132 Views)

Re: Video Settings Causing reset on change. Makes me restart Prologue.

★★★★ Novice

I tried it and still problem persists, tried all from this topic and still got prologue again and again...

Message 33 of 128 (3,448 Views)

★ Novice

Also i have the same problem cause i play from a microsoft online account on my PC but when i switch to local user account no problems what so ever

Message 34 of 128 (3,435 Views)

★★★★ Novice
i ve try all options you notice, not work at all
Message 35 of 128 (3,395 Views)

★★★★ Novice
finally,i know how to fix it. Turn off one drive, and Restore your Document path
Message 36 of 128 (3,388 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@FriedChurchs wrote:
finally,i know how to fix it. Turn off one drive, and Restore your Document path

You had moved the documents folder to another drive?

You used the "restore default" function?

restore.jpg

carbonic signature

Message 37 of 128 (3,375 Views)

Stuck on intro mission

★ Novice

Each time I launch the game, it starts with the intro mission. My settings are also forgotten. It's like I started the game for the first time. Again and again. Cloud rescue enabled. I did repair, but not helping. What do I do wrong?

Message 38 of 128 (2,585 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@Carbonic

If you use one drive before, it might not work, it might show Folder redirection failed. So, the better way is

windows+R

regedit

find 

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders

and 

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

personal  is  Document

right click change path to the right one. (you can use restore to default to find the right path)     

restart your PC

important notice: you need to back up all  Documents before you change the path in regedit. because after use regedit it will automaticly delete your documents in  onedrive

QQ图片20181114132605.png

Message 39 of 128 (3,351 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Its happen in windows 10. one drive is Microsoft Installed to my PC, what I did is turn off one drive and change the Document path to original, because of one drive conflict with BFV
Message 40 of 128 (3,341 Views)