Video Settings Causing reset on change. Makes me restart Prologue.

by farfromidle

Original Post

Singleplayer doesn't save

★★★ Newbie

Everytime I restart the game, I needed to replay the prolog and change the settings again.

I changed the PROFSAVE_tmp to PROFSAVE and I don't need to replay the Intro.

But when I play the Prolog and then restart the game, it didn't get saved.

Message 101 of 128 (2,827 Views)

Re: Singleplayer doesn't save

Hero (Retired)

Hey @JurasssicLP,

Sorry to hear about this.

Have you tried moving the Profsave files in your Settings folder to the Desktop, turning off Cloud Saves in Origin, and re-playing the missions that you're missing?

Once you do that, you can move the Profsave files back into your Settings folder, and everything should be fine.

Let us know if this works.

Thanks Standard smile 

Re: Singleplayer doesn't save

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

That didn't worked for meFrown

Message 103 of 128 (2,792 Views)

Re: Video Settings Causing reset on change. Makes me restart Prologue.

★ Novice
Thank you so much! This really helped, I wish you all the luck in the world :D
- Harald
Message 104 of 128 (2,802 Views)

Re: Video Settings Causing reset on change. Makes me restart Prologue.

★★★ Novice

i tried everything untill now.... i see solved in other threats, i stopped playing the game because of this.
i want a refund where to i get it?

Message 105 of 128 (2,603 Views)

Re: battlefield V delux edition don't save settings, HELP ME PLZ.

★★★ Novice

Hello Everyone,

I have finally found the FIX FOR HAVING TO PLAY  "intro every time"  Issue.

I have notice that applying all this temporal fixes will only work ones. BUT THE ISSUE WILL COME BACK. 

like the one that requires to re-name PROSAVE_tmp. some times will work but to end up in the same after a reboot or not working at all.

The issue is because of the game folder ITSELF "Documents ' to be exact.

There is a new security feature implemented by Windows 10 that protects changes in certain folders of the computers called "RANSOMWARE PROTECTION" this protection stops or prevents  the executable files to make changes to any directory or folder in C:/ that Windows think is important such as "DOCUMENTS".

This  requires that you enable the two different applications in this security part of WINDOWS SECURITY for your game to work like normally.

The FIX IS SIMPLE :

1. Go to bottom right corner in the task bar and double click on WINDOWS SECURITY icon.

2. Go to MANAGE RANSOMWARE PROTECTION > Allow an app through controlled folder access >

3. Hit -----Yes > "click the plus sign ADD AN ALLOWED APP > Browse all apps

4. go to    C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin "look for origin.exe" and Hit OPEN.

5. go to   C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield V "Look for "bfv.exe & bfvTrial.exe" and OPEN THEM ONE BY ONE.

Restart your pc and VOILA!!!!!

I HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE!!!

Message 106 of 128 (2,539 Views)

Re: Battlefield V - Doing Intro mission every time

★★★ Novice
Hello Everyone,

I have finally found the FIX FOR HAVING TO PLAY "intro every time" Issue.

I have notice that applying all this temporal fixes will only work ones. BUT THE ISSUE WILL COME BACK.

like the one that requires to re-name PROSAVE_tmp. some times will work but to end up in the same after a reboot or not working at all.

The issue is because of the game folder ITSELF "Documents ' to be exact.

There is a new security feature implemented by Windows 10 that protects changes in certain folders of the computers called "RANSOMWARE PROTECTION" this protection stops or prevents the executable files to make changes to any directory or folder in C:/ that Windows think is important such as "DOCUMENTS".

This requires that you enable the two different applications in this security part of WINDOWS SECURITY for your game to work like normally.

The FIX IS SIMPLE :

1. Go to bottom right corner in the task bar and double click on WINDOWS SECURITY icon.

2. Go to MANAGE RANSOMWARE PROTECTION > Allow an app through controlled folder access >

3. Hit -----Yes > "click the plus sign ADD AN ALLOWED APP > Browse all apps

4. go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin "look for origin.exe" and Hit OPEN.

5. go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield V "Look for "bfv.exe & bfvTrial.exe" and OPEN THEM ONE BY ONE.

Restart your pc and VOILA!!!!!

I HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE!!!
Message 107 of 128 (2,540 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

GUYS I HAVE THE REAL FIX FOR THIS !!! (at least for me)

This is absolutly not about Antivirus or PROSAVE !!!

1. Delete the content of Battlefield V folder in my document
  2. Open Origin
  3. "right clic" on Battlefield V and go to game properties > cloud saves > restore saves > ok
  4. Wait few saconds then clic ok
  5. Start Battlefield V, skip what you can skip  and make your settings as you wanted on more ( and a last) time.
  6. Once you reached the main menu, go to settings and make juste one modification and back to main menu to show up the "saving icon" on top right
  7. Restart your game to be sure there is no more intro.

I find this fix by myself and it works for me and for a friend.

NOTE: This issue will appear if you are not the first user of Origin on your computer even if you uninstall and reinstall Origin. You will become the "main user" by restoring saves.

I really hope that will help you guys and help EA to make a fix for this issue. :eahigh_file:

Message 108 of 128 (2,525 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Same crap with me, update, intro video again and again, EA fix your god dam *-tastic game, something so bloody simple!
Message 109 of 128 (2,507 Views)

★★ Novice
did you tried my way ?
Message 110 of 128 (2,498 Views)