Video Settings Causing reset on change. Makes me restart Prologue.

by farfromidle

Original Post

Re: BF5 crashing to desktop while playing

★★★ Newbie

Yep I have the same problem ... Playing away dosent matter what im doing in game.... Game shuts down back to desk top no error no warning nothing ! Its starting to get very annoying now ! not something I want for a £60 game ! 

Message 81 of 128 (1,878 Views)

Re: Can't save my game settings

★★ Novice

I think I have the solution, for me it was windows Defender that blocked the access to the settings files, the function in defender that you wanna disable is "Controlled folder access". That did the trick for me.

Message 82 of 128 (1,329 Views)

How do I skip the stupid intro videos?

★★★ Newbie

How do I skip the crappy, boring videos that show every time a level is restarted?

I got bored halfway through the first time I was forced to watch them. Now I've only played the game about an hour so far and I'm falling asleep trying to make it through them. 

Is EA really this sucky that they won't allow turning off the intro vids? 

Message 83 of 128 (1,462 Views)

★★ Novice

Same issue here, AMD rx580 4gb graphics, i3 8350k 16gb ram crash to desk with no warning

Message 84 of 128 (1,851 Views)

★★ Novice

Same Problem. Game runs pretty well with high settings then i crash to desktop in the middle of the multiplayergame... 

I75820K; GTX980; 32gb corsair ddr4  Game is on a sandisk ssd... 

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: bfv.exe, Version: 1.0.67.38148, Zeitstempel: 0x5be4b75f
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: bfv.exe, Version: 1.0.67.38148, Zeitstempel: 0x5be4b75f
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000409
Fehleroffset: 0x000000000a8573ac
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x590
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d484f9ebe6d09c
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: G:\Programme (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield V\bfv.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: G:\Programme (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield V\bfv.exe
Berichtskennung: 0ac9f38d-a983-4b75-b3d8-ba96e0db9875
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:

Message 85 of 128 (1,839 Views)

Re: Battlefield 5 single player and settings will not save - take two

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi.

I realized I forgot to reply to this.

Thanks for the tips, that did the trick... ish.

When I renamed the temp file, settings were saved.

The problem is that I have to do that every time I change something or make progress in War Stories.

So the problem is not fixed, it's just a workaround.

I don't understand, if BF5 has the folder rights to create a temp file, it should have rights to rename / overwrite the PROFSAVE file as well.

Strange. I hope it gets fixed.

EDIT: Progress in War Stories does not get saved, though, even with renaming the TMP file. I played one of the stories, but had to quit in the middle of it (after a checkpoint, though).

But next time I enter the game, I have to start all over.

Thanks again

Message 86 of 128 (1,897 Views)

Re: Stuck on intro mission

★★★★ Novice
Hi! Did you manage to fix this problem ?
Message 87 of 128 (1,470 Views)

Re: How do I skip the stupid intro videos?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

these videos are the loading screen .

Message 88 of 128 (1,489 Views)

Re: How do I skip the stupid intro videos?

★★ Novice

As other Ymentioned, You can't. But I normally use that time to: Bathroom break, get junk food, make calls, check emails, etc. while you wait. 

Message 89 of 128 (1,474 Views)

Re: Battlefield 5 single player and settings will not save - take two

★ Novice

I have the same issue. My Documents Folder is sym-linked to my Google Drive Folder. 

I assume this is the cause of the problem. I am not willing to change this setup (which has worked for each and every game I have played so far).

In my case there isn't even a temp file. 

I have tried running the repair job, reinstalling the game and running BF5 and/or origin as administrator.

Message 90 of 128 (1,835 Views)