Re: Can't save my game settings

by Debaser00

Original Post

Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

if you are playing on pc try to go to Documents>Battlefield V>settings and delete everything from settings, it should reset, i had the same problem when playing in the premier launch

Message 51 of 128 (2,573 Views)

★★ Novice

same here,

the setting wont save , and rest after each match.

when the game is restart, the cinamatic mission comp keep repeating .

this is suck!

Message 52 of 128 (2,557 Views)

Re: Video Settings Causing reset on change. Makes me restart Prologue.

★★★ Newbie

Oh, I almost forgot, in the beta there was also reported the following workaround:

Once you go exit the game after having set your settings, try going to:

Documents\Battlefield V\settings

and if it's there delete the:

"_tmp" part

of the

"PROFSAVE_tmp" file.

This might also do it.

If this is your issue then this would have to be repeated every time you change settings.

That works for me. But my gear is always shown as new gear after every BF start.

Message 53 of 128 (3,053 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Im having the same issues as everyone else here.
I have tried all the "solutions" here without any luck and this is really getting a bit frustrating now.

Bought the premium version and it cost me a lot of money.
Frustrating to have to play through the intro game every time you start the game. Frown

Message 54 of 128 (3,045 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I have the same problem. Every time to switch on game i need settings again and with my RTX 2080 TI i dont try and enjoy DX12 and RTX settings, because after every restart the game it swich off and i start play prologue. It is unbelievable. EA must fix this.
Message 55 of 128 (2,533 Views)

★★★ Novice
the thing is in my bfv folder there isn't a setting folder Frown
only have a screenshot folder
Message 56 of 128 (2,521 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same issue here, the settings and save file are found in My Documents/Battlefield 5 folder. Deleteting everything don't fix the problem as well as trying to remove the TMP extention from the PROSAVE_TMP file. 

Message 57 of 128 (2,511 Views)

★★ Guide

Same. It completely wiped my settings for my joystick which took me a darned long while to set up, too. This really gets me down.

My entire PC crashed and restarted and when I came back, every setting was gone. I'm also getting Error 1 every time I click to connect to a server, but still connect.

Message 58 of 128 (2,976 Views)

★★ Novice

I have a solution that workd for me. 

I started Battlefield V and played the prologe and changed my settings. Then when I came to the main meny I shuted down the game and went to:

My documents/Battlefield V/Settings and removed _tmp fromPROFSAVE.

Then when I started the game it worked just fine and I didn't start with the prologe.

But if you need to change the settings again you need to do the same step...

Message 59 of 128 (2,424 Views)

Hero

There's plenty of threads about this already but https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Video-Settings-Causing-reset-on-change-Makes-me-restart-P... is the main one so I would suggest you read that.

carbonic signature

Message 60 of 128 (2,416 Views)