Can't save my game settings

by hooyoou

Original Post

Re: Video Settings Causing reset on change. Makes me restart Prologue.

★★★★ Novice
I still wonder why users should go back to the oldschool configuration of having Documents not saved in OneDrive or on a server via folder redirection instead of getting a fix from DICE.

The only thing that would make sense is an exception for the folder protection but the root cause must be something different as I don't have folder protection activated but folder redirection to my local server which is working properly with all games even BF1 but not BF V. Guess where the error should be fixed Wink
Message 41 of 128 (3,495 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@Simsi1986

Yeah EA needs to fix it. And there have other games also have the same problem with one driven, but they fix it already. also about your problem, I think its Permission got limited, you can try close antivirus software or right click ,property ,securit. Then see how many groups have Permissions to archive. Regularly, it should have three groups that have Permissions to archive(system, your username . admin) . if one of them miss, you need to click advanced , and Add to groups. after that you need to edit all groups to allow them to have full Permissions. then it might help some.

Message 42 of 128 (3,491 Views)

Re: The game doesn't save the settings

★★ Novice

You can try my method. You also have to rename PROFSAVE_tmp to PROFSAVE. 2nd step: while the game is launching in the beginning you should to delete file PROFSAVE_tmp when it is appearing. In my case It appeared 4-5 times.

Message 43 of 128 (3,268 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've tried everything without any luck. My PROFSAVE file gets updated but prologue is still playing and can't find the "_temp" some mention.

Message 44 of 128 (3,523 Views)

Trial time wasted: Game settings/intro not saving

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hey there, i've been trying to solve this issue while using my trial time for the game.. I noticed that my C:\Users\yourUsername\Documents\Battlefield V\settings folder is "read only", and when yi try to remove "read only" it just doesnt apply. Any tips?/P>

Message 45 of 128 (3,176 Views)

Can't save my game settings

★★★ Novice

can't save  my video setting and key binding , after each round all the setting switch back to default by itself Frown( WTF

and every time when i try to play this game, i have to go through that very annoying single player then i can play multi player

Help plz

Message 46 of 128 (2,914 Views)

Re: Can't save my game settings

★ Guide

if u have nvidia card try using nvidia game settings through nvidia experience

Message 47 of 128 (2,905 Views)

★ Novice

I have same problem as well. Game restarts from the beginning every time i start bfv and doesn't save settings. I have tried run origin and bfv as an administrator, reinstalling both and checked my firewall settings. Nothing helps. 

Bf4 and bf1 save settings just fine, but this problem seems to be occur only with bfv. 

Message 48 of 128 (2,893 Views)

★★★ Novice

im using AMD 2400g apu

Message 49 of 128 (2,885 Views)

★★★ Novice
i thought something wrong with pc Frown
Guess is not my pc is the * dice
Message 50 of 128 (2,884 Views)