Re: Video Settings Causing reset on change. Makes me restart Prologue.

by Carbonic

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

i done this and still have an issue is bloody frustrating 

Message 11 of 128 (20,238 Views)

The game doesn't save the settings

★★★ Novice

Hello everyone, i have the next problem:

Everytime i launch the game i have to configurate again and watch the intro. The game doesn't save any change that i make, and this is really annoying...
Anyone knows how to reapir this? I already repair the game trough the origin repair tool, and try with other helps (like desactivate the Controlled folder Access, and other things).

Thanks.

Message 12 of 128 (19,379 Views)

Re: The game doesn't save the settings

★ Novice

Hi! 

I have the same problem, tried everything, but no solution Frown Hope there will be a solution for this

Message 13 of 128 (19,373 Views)

★★ Novice
I added origin in protected folders and my settings saved.But Im watching prolouge again ...........................
Message 14 of 128 (20,225 Views)

Hero

@Kayraaaaaaaaaa wrote:
I added origin in protected folders and my settings saved.But Im watching prolouge again ...........................

You will want to add bfv.exe and bfvtrial.exe in the Battlefield V installation location as well.

carbonic signature

Message 15 of 128 (20,215 Views)

★★★ Novice

Carbonic omg thank you so much! It worked, i added full control for those .exe's and i finally got the game launched properly, without the freakin' prologue. FINALLYYYY THANKS CAPTAIN!

Message 16 of 128 (20,180 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@mikikulesza wrote:

Carbonic omg thank you so much! It worked, i added full control for those .exe's and i finally got the game launched properly, without the freakin' prologue. FINALLYYYY THANKS CAPTAIN!

Glad to hear it worked out Standard smile

Also, for the rest of you, OneDrive is known to interfere with files in the documents folder, so you might want to try to make a second local Windows account as a troubleshooting step.

carbonic signature

Message 17 of 128 (20,173 Views)

★ Novice

Im struggling with this * aswell!!!

Message 18 of 128 (19,324 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero

*UPDATE* 8/10*

Adding this info:

This could happen to players that upload all their data to the Microsoft OneDrive and then delete everything in the local document folder. Windows would replace the local document folder with a shortcut to the OneDrive document.

EDIT: This is a workaround, it treats the symptom but not the cause of the error. I suggest trying the other things I proposed as solutions in the thread first.

Oh, I almost forgot, in the beta there was also reported the following workaround:

Once you go exit the game after having set your settings, try going to:

Documents\Battlefield V\settings

and if it's there delete the:

"_tmp" part

of the

"PROFSAVE_tmp" file.

This might also do it.

If this is your issue then this would have to be repeated every time you change settings.

carbonic signature

Message 19 of 128 (55,869 Views)

Champion (Retired)

go to Documents/Battlefield V/settings and renaming PROFSAVE_tmp to PROFSAVE

Message 20 of 128 (19,309 Views)