Video Internal Scheduler Error BSOD

by mac167_p

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Video Internal Scheduler Error BSOD

★★★★★ Apprentice

I am running this game on my gaming laptop Dell Inspiron 7567 (i7-7700HQ, GTX1050TI), while connecting to an external monitor with HDMI.

Whenever I tried to boot up SWBF2, the laptop will go into BSOD, and I have to reboot it again. I would say BSOD happens about 7 out of 10 times when I boot up SWBF2.

Things I have tried to troubleshoot this issue:

1. Reinstall SWBF2, Verify the game file

2. Make sure my GPU drivers are fully updated, and downgrade to an older version

3. Fresh install Windows 10

4. Use a different monitor with different HDMI cable. 

5. Ran stresstest for the GPU, no error.

6. Ran memtest, chkdsk, and sfc scannow

It seems that this BSOD only happens when I tried to play Battlefront 2 WHILE connecting to the external monitor. It didnt happen once when I boot up the game natively without connecting to the external monitor. I should also clarified that this BSOD only happens in this game so far. I have played several other games (Overwatch, Black Ops 4, CSGO), none of them have this issue.

This is one of the dump file I saved using BlueScreen Viewer. Please take a look.

Dump File : 061519-11500-01.dmp
Crash Time : 15-Jun-19 12:23:33 AM Bug Check String :
Bug Check Code : 0x00000119
Parameter 1 : 0000000000000e00
Parameter 2 : ffffe10f8149c000
Parameter 3 : ffffe10f806dba60
Parameter 4 : ffffe10f806dbd60
Caused By Driver : nvlddmkm.sys
Caused By Address : nvlddmkm.sys+77dea4
File Description :
Product Name :
Company :
File Version :
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+1bc8a0
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\061519-11500-01.dmp
Processors Count : 8
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 18362
Dump File Size : 2,231,940
Dump File Time : 15-Jun-19 12:24:30 AM ==================================================

I have consulted with Dell cares on reddit, they ran me through several test but still cannot figure out the issue. As my laptop has already ran out of warranty, I cannot just simply replace it.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Message 1 of 34 (9,297 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Video Internal Scheduler Error BSOD

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi everyone, it's been a while since I last posted this. It appears I might have a solution for this.

Download an old Nvidia graphics driver, the link I provided is August 2018 driver, which is when I started getting this issue

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/results/137270/

My laptop is Dell 7567, i7, GTX1050ti. I have been using this driver for 3 days now, no BSOD so far, no matter how much I alt tab the game. I did not notice any significant or noticeable performance issue so far.

Please give this a try.

View in thread

Message 29 of 34 (9,600 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @mac167_p 

First of all, thank you for checking so many things already, before reporting the problem to us. Sorry to hear that nothing so far helped tho Frown

I know that nvlddmkm.sys is one of the Nvidia Drivers and the fact that you're only getting this error while trying to use an external monitor seems to confirm that the source of the issue might be connected to your GPU.

I can recommend a few more troubleshooting steps - perhaps one of them will turn out to be the solution we need here.

Adjust the GPU power settings

Go to Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Power options -> Choose the High performance one (you might need to show additional plans first if you don't see it right away)

Screenshot_1.png

Then click "Change plan settings" right next to it and "Change advances power settings". Open the marked tabs as you can see in the picture below and make sure that the Setting there is set to "Off".

image (1).png

Perform a clean reinstall of your GPU display drivers

You might want to completely remove them first and then install the latest version from Nvidia's website (choose custom installation option and then "Perform a clean installation).

Try to turn off the Nvidia High Definition Audio driver 

I would recommend this option only if you use another source of sound for the game besides the external monitor - disabling this driver will "remove" the Nvidia's source of sound (your monitor in this case, because it would be using this driver to get the sound out from the game). However, you can also temporarily disable it to check if this driver is not crashing and causing the BSOD on your PC.

To do it: go to Device manager -> Sound, video and game controllers -> right click on NVIDIA High Definition Audio and choose "Disable device" (you can turn it on later here as well)

If you use MSI Afterburner or Riva Tuner Statistics Server - remove them and then try to run the game

Let me know if anything helped Fingers crossed

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 34 (9,255 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi, I have clean reinstall my GPU drivers multiple times. I also did not install Nvidia Audio driver or MSI Afterburner. 

I tried to follow your step under "Adjust the GPU Power Setting". This is what I found.

Annotation 2019-06-27 020806.png

By default both are left with "Maximum power savings". I am not sure what to do here because I have no idea what Link State Power Management is.

mac167

Message 3 of 34 (9,228 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@mac167_p 

In case of laptops, when you choose "Maximum Power Savings". it means that the device will save more power, but will have longer time to recover from latency state (for example if you put your laptop to sleep).

But I see that you still have the "Balanced" option chosen, when it should be "High performance", so please take a look at the previous step. If you happen to not have this option, you might try to turn off the "On battery" and "Plugged in" settings with "Balanced", but remember that it will increase the power consumption of your device.

/Ataashi

Message 4 of 34 (9,214 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Ataashi Hi, I did select Best Performance under the Battery tab, is that the same?
Message 5 of 34 (9,198 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I am having an identical problem - video scheduler internal error, only when connected to an external monitor. I have followed the troubleshooting steps provided and no change has occurred. I would also note that power consumption is almost definitely not the issue - I set the graphics card to consume maximum power in the Nvidia control panel; it did not help either.

Message 6 of 34 (8,987 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Xcthol I am having the same problem, and none of the tips in this link has worked so far.
Did you find a solution for your problem so far ?
Message 7 of 34 (8,758 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@pgule I am also having the same issue and couldn't fix, anyone managed to fix?
Message 8 of 34 (8,693 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@mac167_p I'm having the same issue here, did you manage to find a solution or a workaround for it to work with the monitor?

Cheers,
Message 9 of 34 (8,606 Views)

StarWars BattleFront 2 BSOD: video scheduler internal error

★★★★ Novice

i installed latest windows 10 1909 yesterday (official version, not cracked)

and installed latest nvidia driver 441.87

only StarWars battlefront 2 have this BSOD error ?

i guess because battlefront 2 is way old game and Nvidia driver is too new

and it doesnt worked with starwars battlefront 2?

StarWars BattleFront 2 BSOD: video scheduler internal error

Message 10 of 34 (7,864 Views)