Re: Video Flashes and Freezes With New Geforce Driver Update

by DBWoodynz

Original Post

Video Flashes and Freezes With New Geforce Driver Update

★★★ Newbie

So after the new Geforce driver update, the game is no longer playable above low graphics setting. Before then it wasn't an issue for me to play with everything on high. The video flickers violently and sometimes freezes. When it freezes you can still hear your hero move and fight, but the video would be frozen in some 0.1 sec loop of flickering. Not only that, but even when I do have the lowest settings possible, sometimes when I or an enemy uses a skill, the screen will sometimes freeze anyway. Is there a way to fix this?

Intel Core i7-3740QM CPU @ 2.70GHz

Nvidia Geforce GT 650M

Driver Version: 358.50

16 GB RAM

Windows 8.1

Message 1 of 4 (493 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Is it an option for you to downgrade your driver? I would try that. 

If that doesn't work try putting it on your normal settings but turn off shadows. They can give some people slot of problems. Lastly if that doesn't do it try Ctrl+u to turn off your UI and see how the game runs. 

Maybe try a repair if those things don't work. 

Message 2 of 4 (486 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem I just went on Nvivia and went to the drivers page and redownloaded the old driver (http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us) and works fine now, hope this helps

Message 3 of 4 (465 Views)

Champion (Retired)

It is advisable if your going to bounce between Drivers that you folks use this link to minimize any other issues.

"I stole this link off Owen for rolling back your Video Drivers".

Lastest Display Driver installs or reverting Display Drivers

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Message 4 of 4 (460 Views)