Re: Video Cards with Artifacting after 5.0

by DBlack933

Original Post

Video Cards with Artifacting after 5.0

[ Edited ]

Placeholder for people at this link to provide dxdiag per this link and screenshots inserted into a post here

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 1 of 133 (5,429 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I can't provide screenshots... I've tried taking some loads of times... but they happen VERY fast, and it's hard to get the timing right... even when I know one is coming up. They come as streaks when something is spawning, some of the sky will blot out as it's rendering, or the screen just artifacts in strange shapes. It's hard to describe. But they happen fast... instantaneous. All I can really do is provide a video to show you what I'm experiencing in game... :/ https://youtu.be/J2IBOzNaBls

That's only the basic thing I'm experiencing. I'm getting flashes between cinematic transitions. Sometimes when the sky is trying to render, it'll artifact, too. Sometimes in cutscenes as well.

I'm attaching it (DxDiag) via an attachment. Because it's too damn long.

Message 2 of 133 (5,377 Views)

★★ Novice

I can't provide screenshots, either, because the issue happens too fast (its there for a split-second, then gone), but the video provided by feliciagm shows exactly the same situation I'm dealing with.  So far it seems to be limited to outdoor areas on the non-KOTFE/KOTET planets.  Taris (both Republic and Imperial versions), the Heroics area on Ord Mantell, the location of the Hunger of the Vrblithers heroic on Nar Shaddaa, and the giant droid-walker fight on Iokath (KOTET, chapter 5) have been some of the most extreme examples I've encountered so far.

Dxdiag provided below.

Message 3 of 133 (5,354 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
I'm having some trouble posting to this page on my computer, but here's a video link of the issue.
https://youtu.be/NvdDqax2ZRU

I'm running a boot camp windows 10 64 bit, on a late 2011 MacBook Pro, with an intel HD 3000, 512. I should not be able to even play this game at all according to system reqs, but before update 5.0 not only was I able to play it, I could play with some settings set to high. Never experienced a single problem except audio crackling on poor connections. Still trying to post my Dxdiag.
Message 4 of 133 (5,285 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hey @feliciagm @DBlack933 - Can you make sure to update your AMD drivers to the latest and see if you get the same issues - http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

If you do run into the same issue please let us know and upload an updated dxdiag. 

@Dr_Mikaeru - Could you provide a dxdiag as per these instructions? 

Thanks,

- Andy -

Message 5 of 133 (5,234 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I updated to the new AMD drivers a few days ago, I thought about posting it here... but I was still getting artifacting ONLY in swtor. So I didn't see the point.

Tried a normal install, and a clean one. Didn't work :/ Still getting it every where... if it's a driver issue, AMD hasn't fixed it yet.

Edit: Forgot to upload the thing... sorry.

Message 6 of 133 (5,222 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
Here are my Dxdiags. Finally found a way to upload them. Standard smile

Edit: scratch that, whenever I try and upload them they just disappear. Won't work.
Message 7 of 133 (5,214 Views)

@Dr_Mikaeru

If you follow this link then just paste the url into the post should work ?

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 8 of 133 (5,180 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_Andy:

The very first thing I did after first noticing the issue was to update my drivers (or rather, confirm that they were up-to-date).  If you saw an older version in my dxdiag, it's because one of my attempts to solve the problem was to try rolling back to an earlier driver set.  It didn't help, but since it didn't seem to hurt anything, either, I hadn't gotten around to re-updating yet.

Among the other things I've tried:

- Turned all the graphics options down to their absolute lowest settings.

- Deleted the bitraider folder.

- Uninstalled and re-installed the entire client.

- Defragged my hard drive.

So I've now re-updated my drivers to the latest ones (dated 12/3/16), and confirmed that the issue is still there, but only in SWTOR.  All other games and programs run just fine.

Attached below is a new dxdiag.

Message 9 of 133 (5,165 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Thanks @DBlack933 @Dr_Mikaeru @feliciagm and of course @proxos666 - will get this sent onto the SWTOR team.

- Andy -

Message 10 of 133 (5,158 Views)