Very low Fps

by RFPMartins

Original Post

Very low Fps

★★★★★ Novice

Hi guys,

I recently installed battlefront 2, and I'm getting very low fps (like 20ish) and it does not matter what settings or if I'm in 4k or 1080, the cpu thought, is always 100%. The worst is on campaign, and space battles are OK.

I've tried "everything" I've found here, dx11, shader cache, overlays, etc...

I've a gtx 1080, 16gb ram and a I7 8700k.

Thanks all! 

Message 1 of 26 (1,149 Views)

Re: Very low Fps

Community Manager

@RFPMartins

First, just make sure your video cable is connected to your GPU and not your motherboard. It is possible your machine may be defaulting to the Intel video processing on your CPU rather than your nvidia GPU.

1. Open the nvidia Control Panel
  2. Click Manage 3D settings
  3. Click the Program Settings tab
  4. Click the Add button
  5. Select the game from the list or click browse and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\STAR WARS Battlefront II\starwarsbattlefrontii.exe
  6. Select starwarsbattlefrontii.exe and then Open
  7. Customise individual settings if you like
  8. Exit nvidia control panel and try playing.

Do let us know if this helps, thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 26 (1,074 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi EA_Barry,

Thanks for your support, already tried that with the shader cache trick and the max rendered frames. Regarding the HDMI cable, it's connected correctly.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 26 (1,071 Views)

Community Manager

@RFPMartins

Can you try the steps I posted above, there is no mention of a "shader cache trick". Thanks.

barry.png
Message 4 of 26 (1,033 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Sorry, I didn't understand then, am I suppose to configure nothing then? Just add it to the "Manage 3D settings" and that's it ? Yeah, I've done that...

The shader cache is part of those options and recommended all across this forum, I would say it fits into "7.Customise individual settings if you like".

Short answer, yes, I've tried it and nothing changed.
Message 5 of 26 (1,017 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@RFPMartins

No worries. Can you please try these steps:

• In the NVIDIA Control Panel, go to Adjust image settings with preview, in the main windows choose Use my preference and move the slider all the way left (performance), click Apply at the bottom right.
  • ***EDIT*** Step removed
  • Test out how this goes and report back here please

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 6 of 26 (990 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Barry

I don't think Battlefront 2 has the "GPU memory restriction" option...

Message 7 of 26 (985 Views)

★★ Guide

@EA_Barry wrote:

@RFPMartins

No worries. Can you please try these steps:

• In the NVIDIA Control Panel, go to Adjust image settings with preview, in the main windows choose Use my preference and move the slider all the way left (performance), click Apply at the bottom right.
  • In-game, go to the Advanced video settings and turn GPU memory restriction ON
  • Test out how this goes and report back here please

Thanks.

the thing is , you keep redownloading the shaders over and over if you have a nvidia video card making your cpu going to 90-100% for about 1min every begining of the matches and this issue is from  TLJ patch and never got fixed . I'm pretty sure you guys know about this issue but refuse to fix it or just cant.

Message 8 of 26 (961 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@OldManSkillsTV

I noticed the CPU, but was saving it for later... Any fix that you know on the low FPS issue ?

Thanks!
Message 9 of 26 (942 Views)

Community Manager

@RFPMartins

Apologies, that option is for another game. How did you get on with the performance option I suggested?

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 10 of 26 (920 Views)