Re: Very low Fps

by ggibb65

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice
I have a i7-8700K, 1080 GTX, 16 GB of RAM, latest Nvidia drivers. I found out that even with high FPS the game stutters and lags like crazy. Another "fun" factor is that Starfighter modes works perfectly, and online maps works mostly ok, even the new one on geonosis.Campaign is soooo bad, it's competently unplayable.
Message 21 of 26 (424 Views)

Champion
@RFPMartins - Did you check for any errors at the end of your DXdiag file?
They would be labelled "WER1" etc. If there are any, I would appreciate if you could copy and post here. They could give me a clue to your problem.
When you said "online maps works mostly ok", what is happening when they don't - same problem? If campaign mode is bad, how is Arcade?
Sorry about the many questions but am trying to get my head around what is happening on your setup. I often try to simulate a problem on my PC to find answers.
"I am not an EA employee. Just a fellow gamer trying to lend a helping hand. I don't know everything but will attempt to find a solution to your problem. If I have helped, please click on the XP button below. If I have solved your problem, Then click on the Accept as Solution Button. Have Fun."

★★★★★ Novice

@ggibb65, file attached. Multiplayer maps sometimes gets a bit laggy, but it's a different type of lag that manifests directly in very low FPS, in campaign I get 50/60 fps and it's stuttering the same as when it goes down to 20, and in multiplayer is like 1 or 2 seconds, campaign is ALWAYS. Arcade mode depends on the map, some maps are the same as campaign, others are perfect.Latest feedback I got from EA Help is that this does not happen to anyone else...and the forums all full of issues like these...

Message 23 of 26 (389 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@RFPMartins- thanks but unfortunately there is nothing obvious in the errors. One thing you can also check is to run task manager and check if there is anything running with a very high CPU or Memory usage. When I mean high, I mean 20 or 30% and above (includes windows services). Go to the details tab to check (ignore SystemIdleProcess which will show high CPU% because only shows a % that is not being used by other services) & let me know what you find. You can also look when the game is running (you can't see both at the same time).

I forgot to ask - are you win 7 or win10.

"I am not an EA employee. Just a fellow gamer trying to lend a helping hand. I don't know everything but will attempt to find a solution to your problem. If I have helped, please click on the XP button below. If I have solved your problem, Then click on the Accept as Solution Button. Have Fun."

★★★★★ Novice
Win10, for me battlefront uses 100% of CPU, another issue that affects a lot of us in this situation.
Message 25 of 26 (372 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@RFPMartinsSorry about the late reply but I have been experimenting on my PC. My setup is below the minimum specs for SWBF2 but I downloaded the Fully updated Trial version (I normally paly on console) to my PC. It is the full game and but restricts to 10 hr game time before you have to buy. My PC specs are:> CPU- I7 2600K @ 3.4 g/hz 16G/byte dual channel ram GPU - Nvidia GTX 560 2 g/b intergrated ram (far less than the required specs) 1x 2 t/b & 1x 3 t/b HDD's. My network is cable with min speeds around 50 m/bits/sec. My monitor is AOC 32" widescreen @2560 x 1080 resolution.: Nothing is overclocked.

I started Origin then launched the game itself from within Origin. The game launched showing 200 FPS and when menu screen came up, it dropped to around 45 fps fluctuating up to 70 fps.

I changed the video settings in options to windowed. No noticeable change to FPS. I then started Windows Task Manager so I could monitor CPU, Memory & GPU useage. Set the game window size and task manager size so that I could see both on screen at the same time. Not much good at Keyboard playing so I connected my XB1 controller to the PC. Launched into multiplayer Galactic Assault & played without any problems. FPS fluctuating between 40 - 80fps. I took screenshots as I played (the last after I exited the game):

Screenshot (1).jpg

Screenshot (3).jpgScreenshot (6).jpgScreenshot (8).jpgScreenshot (7).jpg 

As you can see, I got nowhere near your problem even with below standard GPU specs. You will notice in the task manager, the CPU never went Above 44% (40% for swbf2). It did spike once at 51%.

GPU with the game being played was always around 99% HDD maxed out at around 55% but power usage of the 3 was always very high.

What I would like you to do is the same and post a couple of your screenshots here. Also check the wattage of your PSU. If you are unsure how, let me know and I will try to walk you through it.

There is also CPU affinity settings ( the  number of cpu cores being used by the game). You can access that by clicking on the details tab in task manager then right clicking on the game. In the drop down menu, you will see Affinity. Click on that and a box will come up showing what cores are being used. If "all" and all the cores are ticked, deselect All and tick the 1st 4 cores. This may force the system & other running software to only use the remaining cores. Quit & restart the game to see if that makes a difference. If it doesn't, go back and reset to ALL. Mine is currently set to 4 of 8.

My belief is that it is not a game/Origin problem but a virus/software or hardware issue.