Very bad rubberbanding

by Memnon8179

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Very bad rubberbanding

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi, I like this game a lot but recently its become unplayable. I get the "slow connection speed" signal in the upper right corner of the screen in any multiplayer match. Very bad rubberbanding and freezing. My fps is consistently around 75.

1. I tried setting server to lowest ping-didn't work.

2.I tried flushing my dns cache-didn't work.

I tried an internet speed test and i get 50-65 mbps download speed 25-30mbps upload. That should be more than enough to run the game, no?

I tried running a multiplayer game and looked at network in task manager while it was running. Task manager says im only using 0-300kbps while the game is running.

However i can stream a 4k video using 65mbps no problem.

Please help Frown

Message 1 of 10 (773 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Very bad rubberbanding

EA DICE Team

Nothing to do with speed ( you can have 10gib up and down and still have issue), its about distance and how reliable the connection is. If you have 3 bars out of 4 you are about 90+ at that point. @Memnon8179 

Did you try what @Flatulent_Rancor  suggested? 

/Atic 

View in thread

Message 10 of 10 (518 Views)

All Replies

@Memnon8179 what is the ping to the servers?
Message 2 of 10 (731 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

@Flatulent_Rancor Lowest ive seen is 17ms, fluctuates from there to about 70ms

Message 3 of 10 (716 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @Memnon8179, in the top right corner do you get any warning message? 

/Atic 

Message 4 of 10 (695 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

yes a slow internet speed warning, but i know that MY internet speed isnt the problem

Message 5 of 10 (668 Views)

@Memnon8179 are you using a wired connection or wifi?
Message 6 of 10 (661 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Wifi

My connection speed isnt the issue, ive got 60-75mbps. Funny thing is if i look in task manager at swbf2 network usage its usually only at 400kbps. Shouldn't it at least be at 5mbps?

Message 7 of 10 (634 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

@EA_Atic  Yes i do get the signal for slow connection

Message 8 of 10 (633 Views)

@Memnon8179 I agree that bandwidth is probably not the issue. Ping time (the time it takes for data from your PC to get to the server and back) could be but 17ms shouldn't cause a problem (or the slow connection warning).

Wifi can be quite unreliable and hamper game performance however - are you able to test the game with a wired connection to see if that helps?
Message 9 of 10 (594 Views)

EA DICE Team

Nothing to do with speed ( you can have 10gib up and down and still have issue), its about distance and how reliable the connection is. If you have 3 bars out of 4 you are about 90+ at that point. @Memnon8179 

Did you try what @Flatulent_Rancor  suggested? 

/Atic 

Message 10 of 10 (519 Views)