Re: Very bad performance and stutter also sudden low fps in BFV (GTX 1060+i7 770

by hae5el

Original Post

Very bad performance and stutter also sudden low fps in BFV (GTX 1060+i7 7700HQ)

★★ Novice

Having a really bad fps drop in my laptop , i used work and study so i can have good time when traveling or i can play anywhere.in beta i was playing in ultra settings in consistent of 60 fps.but right now the fps drop below 40 .it even hard to get steady 60 fps in low settings.i play in Asus gl502vmk.it has gtx 1060 6gb ,16 gb ram ,also i7 7700hq cpu.the game installed in m.2 ssd.any tips or i should wait for patch? Every driver are up to date.thank you

Message 1 of 9 (4,408 Views)

Re: Very bad performance and stutter also sudden low fps in BFV (GTX 1060+i7 770

Community Manager

@GunsAndRozer

Assuming you are on Windows 10, make sure you have the October update installed:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/How-to-Enable-DXR-on-PC-in-Battlefield-V/td-p/7168345

Let us know if this brings your performance back to expected levels, thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 9 (4,374 Views)

★★ Novice
thank you for your reply , my windows driver everything are up to date :/ yes im using windows 10 .also i talked early today in Origin help desk , they suggested me to wait for future patch and GPU driver or windows update :/ so yeah i need wait Frown thank you again .
Message 3 of 9 (4,369 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hi @GunsAndRozer

You can try these steps :

- if you have any MSI Gaming App, Riva Tuner or something like that installed in your machine,shutdown or uninstall them

- add antivirus exclusions/exceptions for specific files/folders Battlefied V and file extensions origin.ex/game.ex from scanning.,very important to do  

- delete temp files: open the Start Menu and type %temp%  in the Search field  or click in the Run option in the Start Menu and type %temp% in the Run field.Press Enter and a Temp folder should open. You can delete all files found in this folder, and if any files are in use, they can be skipped.

- restart your machine

-perform a Clean Boot https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/FAQ/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

I wait your feedback mate.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.I'm a gamer like you, trying to help you (i'm not an EA employee).

If you want to know us or/and come up with ideas to improve the Origin platform or/and talk about anything and many more besides,you could also visit the NEW section Origin General Discussion https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/bd-p/origin-general-discussion-en

Retired champion.
Message 4 of 9 (4,348 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for your help , so kind of u  but still the problem exist .what i'm pretty sure the problem is the game it self so only DEv can fix that :/  tried 399.xx until today  all nvidia driver i tried to roll back oct windows update .nothing helped :/ 

Message 5 of 9 (4,321 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same issue. I went through this and that and nothing helped. I messed with the settings in the nvidia control panel, went to earlier gpu drivers, in game settings and reinstalling the game nothing changed it. noticed when it first came out it ran like butter on my machine. I have a i5 6700k, 1080ti, 16gb ram, m.2 ssd and didn't have a issue in the beginning but did after the last game update. I did fix mine and it was a few things that were causing it. while my cpu is decent it isn't the best, so I checked my task manager and found after I had installed my new corsair watercooler h1100i rgb, I Installed the corsair icue software. this was using nearly 15-20% of my cpu usage, another thing was as the earlier post make sure since your on windows10 that you are running the build 1809, last on the ingame settings make sure you have the refresh rate set to exactly to what your monitor is. if its 60hz set it to that or 75, 120, 144. all these totally fixed my issue so if it hasn't been fixed after this I would say wipe and reload. this game is very cpu hungry probably because of the update but that im pretty sure was my issue

Message 6 of 9 (3,858 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sorry EA, but this was the last Battlefield for me and i began with the first. Had the same issue, played with 120 fps, sudden fps drops made the game unplayable. i looked in about 10 forums for solutions. made cc cleaner, took older versions of nvida drivers, changed all graphic settings up and down, changed config, tried diffrent drives for the game... Nothing worked, and ist for sure not my pc thats too slow! . i found the best solution: deinstall!

ist poor, because the game was a gift from my brother. but it is not playable!

bye dice, bye Battlefield!

Message 7 of 9 (3,818 Views)

★★★ Novice

EA has the one of the most horrendous and miserable support teams i can ever contact.

Message 8 of 9 (1,684 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @eges72,

You've included this post at the end of a old inactive thread. Could you open a new thread and share a bit more for context please? In the meantime, I'll lock this thread to limit further off-topic necroposting.

Thanks,

- EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 9 of 9 (1,672 Views)