Very bad input lag when playing online

by KaranGhosh1996

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Very bad input lag when playing online

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

When I'm playing online on my ps4, there an input lag of at least a second or sometimes two. Significantly more than when I used to play online on UFC 3, and on the same exact console. 

When I'm finding a match online, it shows that my ping speed is at around 200ms, when on other games I play I get anywhere between 100ms to 80ms ping. So why is it that only of UFC 4 I am experiencing a slower connection? 

It makes it very annoying to play, because I have to essentially pre plan my combos and hope that I don't get hit 

Message 1 of 7 (17,741 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Very bad input lag when playing online

Community Manager

These online fights are peer-2-peer connection so it's important to have the strongest connection possible when you're playing to reduce the chances of experienced delay or lag. 

We have some steps below here that are a great starting point. One thing that isn't mentioned but helped me out was switching to a different WiFi channel if you have one available on your router. I have 2.4Ghz and 5.0Ghz. My Xbox showed a stronger connection for the 2.4Ghz via the connectivity bars, but the 5.0Ghz actually was way better. I'm not able to play with an Ethernet cable due to where my router and Xbox are located, but if you're able to it's always advised for a more consistent connection. 

Connection Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (17,534 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice

Been experiencing that too on xbox. Same situation, played ufc 3 on same console. Difference is the input lag wasnt bad during the ea access 10 hour trial. Only after the day one update (Aug 14)

Message 2 of 7 (17,701 Views)

★★ Novice
@attitudecg I know! when I was playing UFC 3 and other games like COD Warzone online, my Ping speed is between 80ms to 100ms, but on UFC 4 it is at 200ms. That could explain why there's a lag because according to the game my internet is too slow. But that's not the case because I have a very fast internet and I don't have this problem on any other game.
Message 3 of 7 (17,637 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Can’t speak for UFC 3 as I don’t play it. But some of my friends in Australia never played online because it was always laggy for them. 

As for UFC 4 I play on Xbox from Australia and online runs perfect I’ve always got 30-40ms fights are great.

I would like to see Performance mode offering 60fps though. 30fps is too low for a game like that requires frame reads, timing and reaction. The input lag is annoying too. 

Message 4 of 7 (17,565 Views)

Community Manager

These online fights are peer-2-peer connection so it's important to have the strongest connection possible when you're playing to reduce the chances of experienced delay or lag. 

We have some steps below here that are a great starting point. One thing that isn't mentioned but helped me out was switching to a different WiFi channel if you have one available on your router. I have 2.4Ghz and 5.0Ghz. My Xbox showed a stronger connection for the 2.4Ghz via the connectivity bars, but the 5.0Ghz actually was way better. I'm not able to play with an Ethernet cable due to where my router and Xbox are located, but if you're able to it's always advised for a more consistent connection. 

Connection Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 7 (17,535 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just like every other EA UFC game... entirely unplayable online. This game cannot even come close to being played competitively. 

Incredible game... and unplayable. 

I have a direct fiber line and as expected, everything runs perfectly...except this game. AGAIN. 

PLEASE LET SOMEONE ELSE MAKE THIS GAME. 

Message 6 of 7 (16,706 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It usually is because the game is using dda. It happens usually when you're winning in a dominant manner. It lags and your punhes are weak,you get knocked down easier, ect. It's in every ea sports game. Madden has it and fifa told ea to stop making games because this system is bad. Maybe they'll fix it. More than likely they'll keep it in the game and blame your wifi

Message 7 of 7 (8,504 Views)