Very Poor Performance (NFS 2015 PC)

by floolf04

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Very Poor Performance (NFS 2015 PC)

★★★★ Novice

Since I have bought NFS for the PC I have experienced some horrible framerates that made the game almost (or completely) unplayable. 

I am running an overclocked AMD FX 8320 Processor on 4.5 GHz x8 (stable) and two AMD Radeon 270x in a crossfire configuration, so I don't think that even at the lowest settings I would normally be unable to achieve more than 40 FPS, sometimes far less. Especially since the setup of a friend with pretty much the same hardware runs the game fluently. 

None of the components are overheating, changing my overclock or crossfire configuration does absolutely nothing, and as soon as I increase the graphics settings, the game becomes absolutely unmanagable, scooping as low as 3 FPS. Is this a known issue? I have linked my dxdiag in as an attachment. 

PS: No, a clean boot doesn't change anything, either.

Message 1 of 11 (8,587 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Very Poor Performance (NFS 2015 PC)

EA DICE Team

@floolf04

This is something I would have to forward to the devs. Which I will do for you now. As for an ETA when something like this could be patched, at the moment I don't have that information available.

Thanks again for coming back to this thread. As mentioned, I will forward what we've discussed here. Have a good evening.. Standard smile

View in thread

Message 8 of 11 (9,796 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

@floolf04

I've seen several users state that Crossfire can lead to fps drops. Please note that Crossfire and SLI does not effectively make your system twice as powerful; you will still only have 2GB of effective memory when running the game.

To try and minimize the fps drops, test running the game with only one card and lowering your graphical in-game settings and you should be able to play without major FPS drops.

Message 2 of 11 (8,558 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hey! Thank you for replying this quickly, but I'll sadly have to report that turning crossfire off and just running one card effectively causes the game to slow down so much it eventually freezes. Playing with both cards is, at the moment, the only way I can even get the game to keep running.

Like I have said before, I have tried everything. I have turned Origin in-game off and on again, I have tried performing a clean boot, I tried resetting my entire system, changing all kinds of settings in the bios, I have installed new drivers, hell, I have even tried to play with different peripherals. The only thing that's left for me to assume is that the game is severely bugged towards some versions of either drivers or specific setups of cards or processors, since I highly doubt my hardware could ever be THIS outdated, seeing as it runs other recent titles effortlessly. 

It'd be nice if you guys had any more ideas, but as it is, and seeing more and more people complaining about similar issues, I think the only thing I can really hope for is an update to the game.

(Oh, and don't worry. I'm only a little bit pissed about the fact that the game I purchased for 60€ was unplayable from the second I installed it.)

Message 3 of 11 (8,541 Views)

EA DICE Team

@floolf04

We both actually have a very similar system. At home I am running the game, without issues, on the same CPU, GPU and SSD. The only difference here is that the size of my SSD is 250GB and I am running Windows 10. Your system should have no issues running the game so we have to dive deeper into what could be causing this..

I do have several more options that you could try:

• Turn off Origin in-game
  • Do perhaps have an ASUS motherboard? I've seen two reports that the GameFirst app running on some of these motherboards caused fps issues for players

Lastly, do check out our main PC troubleshooting thread to see if there is anything in there that you missed.

Message 4 of 11 (8,517 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Well, it turns out that CrossFire is, in fact, one of the issues. By turning it off I can now get around 50FPS sometimes, but it's still frustrating to play, since the game stutters uncontrollably, and is still scooping down to 30. I am a bit torn about wether or not just one of my cards would be able to run NFS on low settings, at least I suspect it should. But even if that's the case, there is a reason I am running a crossfire setup, so it'd be really great if you could forward the problems people are having with crossfire to the development team. 

Apart from that, though, I still feel like there is something shady going on. I get that just running one 270x isn't exactly going to get you ultra graphics, but the stuttering is quite odd. Especially when acceleraring, the game freezes for a few frames at a time, sometimes miscalculating the client-side placement of the car, causing me to crash, which is even more frustrating than having to deal with constant, low FPS. 

Message 5 of 11 (8,499 Views)

EA DICE Team

@floolf04

Since we run such a similar system, I checked my graphical settings for you:

• Texture, Shadow, Geometry and Effects: Medium
  • Vertical Sync: enabled
  • Anti-Aliasing: Off
  • Motion Blur: Off
  • Occlusion: SSAO
  • 1920x1200 on 60Hz
  • XB1 controller

I get the occasional FPS dip, but that is to be expected. I do not get any stuttering. Since the issue doesn't seem to be technical related (other than Crossfire, which together with SLI is to sometimes cause such issues in a multitude of games), I don't have further troubleshooting available. My suspicion still goes out to a background program running on your system that is causing the stuttering. Worst case scenario: you could do a fresh Windows installation or upgrade to W10.

Message 6 of 11 (8,451 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you for your support anyways!

Effectively, I think the only real problem that you guys could help me solve would be the issue with crossfire. All other stutters and issues are things I can propably fix on my own, seeing as there is quite a bunch istalled on my PC. 

Do you guys know when there could be a patch fixing errors connected to AMD and crossfire? The same issue was fixed with games like NFS Rivals and NFS Most Wanted, so I am pretty confident there could be a fix in sight. 

Message 7 of 11 (8,422 Views)

EA DICE Team

@floolf04

This is something I would have to forward to the devs. Which I will do for you now. As for an ETA when something like this could be patched, at the moment I don't have that information available.

Thanks again for coming back to this thread. As mentioned, I will forward what we've discussed here. Have a good evening.. Standard smile

Message 8 of 11 (9,797 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey there!

Look, here's the thing: It's been two months now, and the issue has gotten worse. I didn't return the game because I trusted you guys to fix the issue, but you didn't. 

I figure that it's unrealistic to think the devs are going to fix it any time soon, so I'm just going to say I'm dissapointed.

Honestly, especially now that they are adding more and more content like a redline, the game would have become more and more enjoyable, even though it is still lacking content. 

If you know about anything that could finally make my game run after 2 months, let me know, but untill then... Well, I hope EA has fun with my money. 

Message 9 of 11 (8,315 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I am about to try the trial of the game and I will see if my similar less spec'd hardware has issues. I am running 16.6.2 drivers, fx 6300 at 4.1ghz and 2 r9 270's non x but 

Message 10 of 11 (8,190 Views)