Re: VR stuttering workaround for Windows MR headsets?

by asheler

Original Post

VR stuttering workaround for Windows MR headsets?

★★★ Newbie

Like a lot of you I've had terrible stuttering in VR. Strangely, I've noticed it only happens when I am wearing my headset. As soon as I take it off, the performance is great. With Windows MR headsets, when you put it on it switches input from the desktop to the headset. There is also a hotkey(Win+Y) for this. Turns out toggling this to desktop mode is what fixes the performance. So if I put on my headset, then toggle input back to the desktop, the game runs great!

This is my only headset, so I have no idea if this applies to other people with the problem. But it might be a clue to where the issue is, it seems to 100% resolve it for me. I have an Acer Windows MR headset btw.

Message 1 of 4 (397 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey, @l_DearLeader_l make sure that all drivers for windows are up to date. 

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with Star Wars: Squadrons and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Worth to reinstall the GPU drivers for your PC.

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

Message 2 of 4 (321 Views)

★★★ Novice
@l_DearLeader_l I was having severe stuttering under the auto settings. I switched to ultra and it runs great. I am using an old MSI RX390x and oculus rift s
Message 3 of 4 (289 Views)

★★ Novice

Are you on Steam? I have bad stuttering on any setting. It started after the last update. I have tried everything I can think of. Nothing makes much of a difference. 

Message 4 of 4 (264 Views)