Re: VR doesn't work or get by Easy bear

by Khuntza

Original Post

Accepted Solution

VR doesn't work or get by Easy bear

★★ Novice

EASY ANTI Cheat system doesn't allow me to run VR.

Message 1 of 4 (470 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Got it working; so you have to have the oculus app turned off, then start in VR toggle on. 

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (457 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Got it working; so you have to have the oculus app turned off, then start in VR toggle on. 

Message 2 of 4 (458 Views)

EA DICE Team
@71st_Mastiff Thanks for the update! Standard smile

/Atic
Message 3 of 4 (441 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic

So here is my experience..

Load the game, toggle VR. Game crashes. Try this about 5 times for the same result.

So I reboot...

Then I try again and its the same result, so I try and launch it from Oculus home with the same result..

I google and find my way here.. Mastiff says he had to close the Oculus app. So I try that. I run the game and toggle VR. I'm surprised it doesn't crash. I put on my headset and the games not running but there is an icon for Squadrons near the Oculus settings icon, you know on the bar around the bottom in Oculus home.. anyways, I click that in time to see the game in VR telling me I have 2 seconds to press spacebar to accept the change. I miss it and the game crashes.

I try it again and this time it works!!

What kind of crap is this, honestly? Oculus app has to be closed before trying to launch the game, seriously?  Surely it was tested with a Rift S at some point, no?

For the record, I performed a clean install of Windows this week and my Oculus software was only installed fresh yesterday. So this isn't some weird conflict of softwares, just * development and QA.

Sorry to unload but while Im angry with EA there is some other feedback that I'd like passed on too.  I've signed up for the EA testing program and I'm genuinely interested in playtesting and giving feedback so this doesn't happen.  BUT I'm also an EA PlayPro subscriber and there is literally zero incentive to participate when all that is on offer is 3 free games that I can already access via my subscription.

Anyways, this is genuine feedback and troubleshooting. Squadrons is a shitfight and a new low in buggy day one releases from EA. Please show this feedback to anyone who is actually in a position to improve things.

Message 4 of 4 (412 Views)