VR - UI and Cockpit shaking/moving

by Tra5h

Original Post

VR - UI and Cockpit shaking/moving

★★★★★ Novice

Having a strange issue in VR on an Rift CV1

When you are completely still, menus seem to not be still - its like they are moving, or like the headset tracking is moving around.

It is the same in the cockpit, it keeps moving when your head is still.

However in Oculus/Steam home, and other apps, the headset is completely stable.

Anything I can try?

Message 1 of 4 (691 Views)

Re: VR - UI and Cockpit shaking/moving

★★ Novice
@Tra5h I had a similar issue on the Quest.

I don't know how the rift works, but I'll share with you that my experience on the Quest significantly increased when I went out of stationary guardian to a wide room boundary guardian.

That caused my jitter to stop and my cockpit walls from being black/refreshing while I turned to look at them.

I don't know if Rift has something like the guardian system on Quest, but hopefully this post helps guide you to a solution.
Message 2 of 4 (677 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the update.  I tried remapping and turning guardian off completely and unfortunately the issue remains.  Interesting that you are also an Oculus user.

I tried new nVidia drivers too, no improvement to the twitching unfortunately.  I am trying to ignore it, but it makes me feel sick, it is very unnatrual.

When the game launches, it starts off stable, and then after the cut scene, it goes funky. Things in the distance aren't too bad, it is mostly the close up objects like menus and cockpit, but the movement is very jerky.  Frown

Message 3 of 4 (664 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hello @Tra5h @OnelungBL  Can you make a bug report for the issue here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/star-wars-squadrons-bug-reports-en

It helps us tracking the issue better thanks!

/Atic

Message 4 of 4 (645 Views)