VR: Stuck on starting menu. Oculus controllers non-functional. Workaround?

by ultracat

Original Post

Accepted Solution

VR: Stuck on starting menu. Oculus controllers non-functional. Workaround?

★★★ Newbie

I'm in an Imperial hanger bay in front of a TIE fighter and some guy standing at attention in the background, with a starting menu active in the foreground. None of the Rift S controller inputs do anything. Cannot switch or select anything. I can take the visor off but then I'm looking at a frozen VR screen view on the monitor.

• Can I use the Oculus controllers in VR?
  • Do I have to use a keyboard and mouse that I can't see through the VR visor?
  • By what method can I active menu choices?
  • How do I make this game function in VR? 
Message 1 of 3 (1,001 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: VR: Stuck on starting menu. Oculus controllers non-functional. Workaround?

★★★ Newbie

Yeah, hi, and thanks for responding. I eventually figured out that I need to do the initial menu set-up by launching in regular on-monitor mode, and then toggle into VR from menu once that was completed. I'm now running it in VR using my Thrustmaster HOTAS X and it works really well, except my control mapping still needs some tweaking. I consider this matter resolved.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (940 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide
@ultracat You need a HOTAS or game pad or keyboard & mouse to control the game.
Message 2 of 3 (987 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah, hi, and thanks for responding. I eventually figured out that I need to do the initial menu set-up by launching in regular on-monitor mode, and then toggle into VR from menu once that was completed. I'm now running it in VR using my Thrustmaster HOTAS X and it works really well, except my control mapping still needs some tweaking. I consider this matter resolved.

Message 3 of 3 (941 Views)