VR Head-Tracking: Orientation keeps randomly changing. Also can't move head.

by AikanaroOronra

Original Post

VR Head-Tracking: Orientation keeps randomly changing. Also can't move head.

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

1. In VR, the head orientation keeps jumping around. At random intervals (mostly somewhere between 10 seconds and 1 minutes) the calibrated viewpoint jumps to the left, right, up and/or down. So dealing with menu's: sometimes the menu will pop down to below me, or suddenly very close to my head. It will also suddenly turn to the side.

Or in-game, while I'm in the cockpit I suddenly move up or down in the seat or forward or back.

Recalibrating the headset by pressing the corresponding control on my controller works, but only until it shifts again a couple seconds later. It would seem the headset's tracking is off, but this actually functions perfectly in any other app.

2. Also, and probably related, looking left, right, up or down works perfectly, but I cannot move my head either left right forward or back, so being in the menu's I can look around, but moving my head forward won't bring me closer to the menu, it's as if I'm stuck in place. It's the same in the cockpit.

The random changes in orientation described in problem 1 are actually precisely on the plane I am stuck in in problem 2 (Moving forward, backward, left, right, up and down). Turning my head up, down, left and right works fine.

- I'm running the (latest) Origin version of Squadrons.

- I'm on the latest version of Windows

- I'm on the latest version of SteamVR

- I'm running the latest drivers by Nvidia

- My headset is a brand new HP Reverb G2 (On Windows Mixed Reality) which doesn't show any of these problems in any other game/app.

- I'm on an i7 9900K, 32Gig of RAM, ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER.

Really hope someone can help, because flawed as it is, the gameplay seems awesome so I'd love to play.

Message 1 of 1 (223 Views)