VOIP not working at all.

by Klakson_rm

Original Post

Re: VOIP not working at all.

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Klakson_rm It's always worth double checking when someone joins a thread, sometimes folks will see that the standard steps don't help the original poster, but they may have a different cause for their issue.

To start with, can you try a clean boot? You mention skype and Discord, sometimes if they're running they can affect how our VOIP/overlay works too.

https://help.ea.com/au/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

As for your issue, can you go to your My documents\Battlefield 1\settings on your PC and open up settings.profile with notepad? You'll see a nunch of settings, including your local Voip settings for BF1. Can you post the audio contents of the file, everything before GstRender.AmbientOcclusion?

Also, when you test the microphone in Origin, does the test pick up voice activity?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 11 of 18 (1,023 Views)

★★ Novice

I've never even tried playing BF1 with discord/TS/Twitch/Skype in the background. But I'll try clean boot when I get back from work.

Yeah, Origin does pick up voice activity just fine.

Settings:

GstAudio.Announcer_Voice 0
GstAudio.AudioLanguage 0
GstAudio.AudioQuality 1
GstAudio.CarRadio 0
GstAudio.DialogueVolume 0.700000
GstAudio.InGameMother 1
GstAudio.IsATMOSOptionEnabled 0
GstAudio.MicrophoneVolume 0.500000
GstAudio.MusicVolume 0.100000
GstAudio.MyTeamSpeaksMyLanguage 0
GstAudio.SoundSystemSize 20
GstAudio.StereoMode 1
GstAudio.VOIPVolume 1.000000
GstAudio.VOLanguage 0
GstAudio.VOSubtitles 0
GstAudio.VoipOn 1
GstAudio.VoipVolumeReduce 1
GstAudio.Volume 0.180000
GstAudio.YourSoundSystem

Message 12 of 18 (1,005 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you, that looks fine.

Can you try returning the bind to default? And hold down L-Alt when in a squad with your friends? 

Perhaps this is as simple as a rebind issue, as you've looked at the other stuff, and it wouldn't be the first time we've seen a surprise hard binding. 

Another option would be to make a backup and then delete the enitie settings folder for BF1. Sometimes something can go wrong with them, and deleting them whole folder and letting the game create a new one from the default template is the way to go.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 13 of 18 (993 Views)

★★ Novice

Still doesn't work. I've set voip activation button to default, and when it didn't worked out - deleted settings folder (and restart the game). Still can't use voip (while in origin mic test is OK).

Btw. Does any indicator for using VOIP appear on the screen? (when you hold L-alt to speak)

Message 14 of 18 (975 Views)

★ Guide

Just something to check...i've had similar voip issues with other games and it's actually been from having something set as run as administrator...whether its origin or discord or whatever they really screw with each other when you do that.

Message 15 of 18 (961 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't do that at all. Plus BF1 is the only game with VOIP not working for me.

Message 16 of 18 (952 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

This is odd, I was testing this with @EA_David and it worked for us holding down left ALT and we saw the Icon lit up when we hold left ALT down and started talking. 

Do you have any controller connected to the PC or anything similar? 

/Atic 

Message 17 of 18 (920 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

To solve this, in Windows 10 64 bits, go to:

- Windows Settings
- Privacy
- Microphone

- Under "Allow apps to access your microphone" switch to "On"

This has solved my problem that the microphone does not working in BF

Message 18 of 18 (2,377 Views)