VOIP not working at all.

by Klakson_rm

Original Post

Accepted Solution

VOIP not working at all.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Im new to Battlefield 1 and this issue is also a new thing for me (for all those years of gaming). In options I have enabled VOIP (same as in origin). My mic is working properly outside the game itself. And still I can't use VOIP. Can't hear my teammates and they apparently can't hear me. When I press VOIP button (caps lock currently, was left alt by default) nothing happens. I can't see any icon of mic or speakers.

And yeah, I have no problem with talking via Discord, Twitch, Skype.. Even voip in different games works just fine. It's only BF1 issue.

Message 1 of 18 (1,967 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: VOIP not working at all.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

To solve this, in Windows 10 64 bits, go to:

- Windows Settings
- Privacy
- Microphone

- Under "Allow apps to access your microphone" switch to "On"

This has solved my problem that the microphone does not working in BF

View in thread

Message 18 of 18 (2,274 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hey @Klakson_rm,

Sorry to hear this issue you're experiencing.

When you said you enabled VOIP in Origin, did you make sure that your Headset is selected for the Output Device?

Also, when you are trying this, are you playing with friends? Or random teammates?

Thanks Standard smile 

★★ Novice

I don't use headset mic. Im using standalone one (Blue Yeti) + speakers. I was trying Speakers + Mic & Headphones + Mic but nothing has changed.

And I was trying both versions: with friend and random teammates.

Message 3 of 18 (1,932 Views)

★★ Novice

Ok, for the first time I've heard someone's talking. Just once right now. But without any indicator on screen. And still apparently they can't hear me.

Message 4 of 18 (1,927 Views)

★★★★ Novice

You have to set your mic as default communication device in the recording tab of the Windows sound control panel.

Message 5 of 18 (1,921 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Facing this same issue repeatedly. Now i have had too much. Whats causing it?

KissAnime GroupMe Letgo
Message 6 of 18 (1,897 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

It IS set as default. I can use my mic basically EVERYWHERE but Battlefield 1.

Check screenshot. It's in polish but should be easy to figure out what I want to show.

Also I don't know if it's related, but when I click (while in main menu) on HELP button (just above QUIT button) I receive message, that it didn't worked out to connect with EA Online and network options will be unavailable (smth like that). But don't actually know what does it mean since im able to play multiplayer..

Message 7 of 18 (1,882 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I am also facing this same issue. VOIP is broken or seems not working. Any particular reasons for this?

KissAnime GroupMe Letgo
Message 8 of 18 (1,819 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hey @BrianG7878,

Have you tried any of the steps in the previous posts?

Are you on PC?

If so, is your Microphone/Headset set as the default Output device in Origin?

Have you tried this out with friends to see if they can hear you, or you can hear them?

I would also click the speaker icon the bottom right of your Task Bar on your Desktop, and make sure your headset is selected as the default device.

Thanks Standard smile 

★★ Novice

@iluminatethesky

Yeah, now you are asking @BrianG7878 about basic stuff.. And what about me? All of this was checked before I started this thread. And still not a single idea?

Message 10 of 18 (1,783 Views)