VERY weird CPU bug.....

by Sausdispenser

Original Post

VERY weird CPU bug.....

★★ Novice

i made a thread just a while ago.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Great-new-gaminglaptop-Very-bad-performance-multiplayer/m...

In this thread i explained i had a problem with my cpu. this problem got a lot weirder now.

I used to have 100CPU usage which should indicate a CPU bottleneck (specs i7 7700HQ 8x 3.8GHZ GTX1060 6gb and 8gb RAM). Now i used throttlestop as suggested by someone to disable turboboost on my cores. this lowers each core to 2.8GHZ. This LOWERED(!!!) Cpu consumption to 98-95%. AND it lowered GPU consumption to 5%?!?.

but here it goes…..IT DID NOTHING TO MY FPS. i still get the same fps, which is like 40 30 fps in multiplayer.

I don't know what is going on here and frankly, I am kinda worried that this is some very weird deeeeeep technical bug.

I hope dice/ea reads this thread and can help me with this problem. i am really confused ight now.

steps i already followed.

- I have clean installed new drivers NVIDIA

- installed 1809 windows

- set NVIDIA control panel to performance mode

- Tried FFR on and of in dx 12 and 11

- Tried every other setting and combination of settings in graphics menu (fullscreen, vsync mesh quality etc etc etc) 

- Have done a clean boot of windows as sugegsted in other threads

- disabled all background programs including origin.

- tried safe boot

- have unparked my cores

- forced multithreading

- Ran cc cleaner

- stopped turboboost with throttlestop. 

Message 1 of 2 (487 Views)

Re: VERY weird CPU bug.....

Champion (Retired)

I can see your Intel HD 630 is not up to date - current version available is:

25.20.100.6444 you have 24.20.0100.6229 (released 8/8/2018)

Intel HD 630 Update

Start with this and then make sure your systems drivers are all up to date including BIOS firmware for your chipset. Your GPU driver looks like it may be out of date too...  25.21.0014.1694 (English), 11/13/2018 - Check this.

I see you have video capture device - Make sure you have this disconnected.

Windows 10 also has features which should be disabled unless you use them for example in the Gaming Options (See Settings and Game Bar/DVR/broadcasting etc) switch all this off.

I also use a free software called O&OShutup 10 - It basically turns off background features which hamper processing tasks of priority.  Worth a look.  (Use recommended settings)

Best of luck!

Message 2 of 2 (378 Views)