Re: VCRUNTIME Error Preventing Apex Legends from Launching

by MutyaBros

Original Post

Accepted Solution

VCRUNTIME Error Preventing Apex Legends from Launching

★★★ Newbie

I am having an issue with launching games in Origin. 

I just reset my PC due to some errors I made in the registry that messed up some installs. I loaded a fresh Win10 image and the registry edits I made are set back to the default. I downloaded Origin and was met with the error code (The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140_1.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem). I uninstalled the 2015 C++ and reinstalled it, and Origin allowed me in. I downloaded Apex and was met with the exact same error when trying to launch the game. I have tried completely uninstalling all my C++ redistributables and downloading and installing fresh versions from the Microsoft Download Center, but that did not work. I updated all of my drivers and updated Windows, but after a restart that did not work either. I tried repairing the C++ files, but nothing. 

I am at a loss. Can anyone help me? 

Message 1 of 3 (2,311 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@FictitiousExile 

Download and install both the x86 and x64 versions of the required Visual Studio files:

If required, the following steps can also help in this situation.

Let us know your results, thanks.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (2,272 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@FictitiousExile 

Download and install both the x86 and x64 versions of the required Visual Studio files:

If required, the following steps can also help in this situation.

Let us know your results, thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 3 (2,273 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thank you soo much you dont know how much i play apex on ps4 but wanted to try it on pc.this really helped

Message 3 of 3 (2,122 Views)