Re: Using more than 2gb vram

by MetallicTree

Original Post

Using more than 2gb vram

★ Novice

When i go into display settings in game , i have a red warrning that the setting iam using use more than my limit of vram (2gb) . I have everything on low , disabled and iam playing on lowest resolution possible . Because of this , or at least I think its because of this , the game keeps crashing without error. I have updated my drivers and set my nvdia graphic to be used . My specs are nvidia geforce 940m with 2gb vram ,i5 6200 ,8 gb ram . Thanks for answers

Message 1 of 10 (754 Views)

★★★ Novice

Apex is prone to crash on even the most impressive builds. Using only 2gb of vram could certainly add to that, and 2gb isn't that much. I would consider upgrading to a slightly newer card, 1060s will probably get cheap with the release of the 1660. That said, Apex crashes for everyone, my self and all my friends that play the game included. Your system could use a little boost, but Apex is new game, a very buggy game and crashes are to be expected. 

Message 2 of 10 (740 Views)

★★★ Novice
For example, I have 6gb of vram and in my experience about 1 of 5 games crashes.
Message 3 of 10 (739 Views)

★ Novice
I get that , but in requirements the minimal VRAM needed for the game is 1GB . Thats why iam wondering why the game uses more than 2 GBs even though the settings are on lowest .
Message 4 of 10 (716 Views)

Hey there!

Could you include a Dxdiag file for me please?
This way we can see more quicky what the problem could be.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 5 of 10 (702 Views)

★ Novice

Hello , sorry for the late reply . Heres my dxdiag . 

Message 6 of 10 (681 Views)

Hey there!

Can you try this for me?

go in the bios and in "integrated peripherals" you should have IGP or integrated graphic, display.

select disabled on this option save and reboot your system.

Let me know if this worked.

Message 7 of 10 (662 Views)

★ Novice

So apparently my bios is missing the advanced menu in which the option you mentioned should be . I ve tryed some steps on how to enable it but none worked so far . 

Message 8 of 10 (640 Views)

Whoops, you are on a laptop right?

Try this:

Right click on your desktop, go to nvidea settings, manage 3d settings, and set your preferred graphics processor to "high-performance NVIDIA processor

or you can do into device manager and disable it over there but i recommend using the first option.

Message 9 of 10 (628 Views)

★ Novice

Done that before already 🙁

Message 10 of 10 (618 Views)