User interface update not working

by leadslinger6125

Original Post

Accepted Solution

User interface update not working

★★★ Newbie

I have bf v on Xbox I can’t play online because when I go to download user interface update it’s like it’s not downloading it have tried everything, any suggestions? 

Message 1 of 8 (2,484 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: User interface update not working

Hero (Retired)

@leadslinger6125 Try this:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then select My games and apps.
  2. Highlight the game, press the Menu button on your controller, and then select Manage game.
  3. In the menu on the left of the screen, scroll down to Saved Data, then highlight the saved data for your gamertag on the right and press the A button on your controller.
  4. You'll be prompted to confirm deletion of this game save data:

• Delete from console removes the local copy of this save. You can get it from the cloud the next time you play.
  • Delete everywhere removes your saved data from this console, the cloud, and all other consoles you play on.
  • Cancel leaves your data intact.

https://support.xbox.com/en-IE/games/game-setup/cloud-game-saves-faq#3d1497c896f541a7a2851d20573b46d...

View in thread

Message 5 of 8 (2,426 Views)

All Replies

@leadslinger6125 wrote:

I have bf v on Xbox I can’t play online because when I go to download user interface update it’s like it’s not downloading it have tried everything, any suggestions? 

@leadslinger6125 Please describe what you've tried so far so we don't double tap solutions that didn't work for you. Personally I'd start out doing a hard reset of your Xbone by holding the power button until it shutsdown and then restart it. This clears the system cache of any potentially corrupted files from the update.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 2 of 8 (2,469 Views)

@leadslinger6125 wrote:

@leadslinger6125 Update, I'm told that the solution to the UI update issue is to remove the local and cloud saves for BFV. Please not that this will erase any custom key bindings and erase your single player process.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 3 of 8 (2,461 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How exactly do I do that ? 

Message 4 of 8 (2,445 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@leadslinger6125 Try this:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then select My games and apps.
  2. Highlight the game, press the Menu button on your controller, and then select Manage game.
  3. In the menu on the left of the screen, scroll down to Saved Data, then highlight the saved data for your gamertag on the right and press the A button on your controller.
  4. You'll be prompted to confirm deletion of this game save data:

• Delete from console removes the local copy of this save. You can get it from the cloud the next time you play.
  • Delete everywhere removes your saved data from this console, the cloud, and all other consoles you play on.
  • Cancel leaves your data intact.

https://support.xbox.com/en-IE/games/game-setup/cloud-game-saves-faq#3d1497c896f541a7a2851d20573b46d...

Message 5 of 8 (2,427 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did all of these steps, and am still unable to connect to the server.  I even deleted the entire file and redownloaded it and it STILL won't let me connect.  Any ideas on what causes the issue?

Message 6 of 8 (2,388 Views)

UI update every time I launch

★★★★★ Newbie

Got the UI update prompt yesterday from Firestorm. Update would show 0% and take me to the menu, unable to connect to EA. By some comb of clearing save data, hard reboot and initially declining the update and then accepting, I can get it to install and play Firestorm. Any time I quite the game and come back, it wants me to re-download the UI Update, and I do the restart, delete save hokey pokey for 10 minutes to get it to work.

Message 7 of 8 (2,326 Views)

Re: UI update every time I launch

★★★★ Novice

These steps work until you turn the game off people

Message 8 of 8 (2,311 Views)