Original Post

Accepted Solution

Upon starting Battlefield V, my GPU fans go crazy then I get a PC Reboot

★★★★ Novice

Main System Specs:

AMD RX 5700

AMD R5 3600

16GB of Ram

So as the title states. I start Battlefield V, fans start going crazy, the main menu doesn't even load up before my PC crashes and reboots. Sometimes I manage to get in game, I can usually play for about 20 minutes, 30 if I'm lucky before the same thing happens just seemingly out of nowhere, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 5 (816 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Upon starting Battlefield V, my GPU fans go crazy then I get a PC Reboot

@343kai wrote:

Main System Specs:

AMD RX 5700

AMD R5 3600

16GB of Ram

So as the title states. I start Battlefield V, fans start going crazy, the main menu doesn't even load up before my PC crashes and reboots. Sometimes I manage to get in game, I can usually play for about 20 minutes, 30 if I'm lucky before the same thing happens just seemingly out of nowhere, any help would be greatly appreciated.

@343kai  That is odd, what are your temps looking like when you crash? To start I'd run Origin as an admin by right clicking on the Origin icon and selecting "run as administrator" and then run a repair of BF5. Next try playing again and if you crash again I recommend scanning your Windows installation for errors using this method:  https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-sfc-command-utility-fix-system-files-windows-10 to rule out any OS issues.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (750 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Was the graphics card installed prior to installing Windows 10? If not the Windows might be confused and act-up

Test other games

Check system temperatures and case temp

Re-seat the graphicscard in the PCIe slot or test another slot (advanced user only)

Re-seat all power cables > what power supply?

Update motherboard bios

Update AMD mainboard driver

Use a driver cleaner for gpu driver

_________________________________________________________________________________

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

EA Champion

I'm simply a Volunteer, and do not work for EA
Message 2 of 5 (791 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It is purely Battlefield V that does this. No other game. Thanks for trying to help though man, I've tried all that. Frown

Message 3 of 5 (783 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@343kaiThe only time my system ever reboots during operation is when I set system /GPU overclocks too high, be sure to remove them before testing.
BFV is one of the most demanding games on the market and it might draw a lot of power from both the PCIe slot and the PSU directly. If there is a weak link in the mobo+cpu+ddr combo it can also fail during heavy loads.

-reinstall windows

-test another psu cable

-test another wall socket

-remove all not required peripherals (usb and pci)
-make sure the ram DIMMs are compatible with the motherboard
-re-seat ram DIMMs in other slot and try separate sticks and leave one out each time
-test another power supply unit
-remove computer from case and check for electrical induction

_________________________________________________________________________________

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

EA Champion

I'm simply a Volunteer, and do not work for EA
Message 4 of 5 (751 Views)

@343kai wrote:

Main System Specs:

AMD RX 5700

AMD R5 3600

16GB of Ram

@343kai  That is odd, what are your temps looking like when you crash? To start I'd run Origin as an admin by right clicking on the Origin icon and selecting "run as administrator" and then run a repair of BF5. Next try playing again and if you crash again I recommend scanning your Windows installation for errors using this method:  https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-sfc-command-utility-fix-system-files-windows-10 to rule out any OS issues.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 5 of 5 (751 Views)