Re: Upgrade

by EA_Barry

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Upgrade

★★ Novice

Hello guys, I need to upgrade something in my computer because im playing on the lowest possible settings right now, even the lowest resolution and still get big fps drops when I fight or when I loot in big towns but the problem is I cant afford new pc at the moment so I want to upgrade it for as low price as possible.

Mother board MSI h110M PRO-VD PLUS (MS-7A15) 1.0

CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz quad core

RAM 8GB

NVIDIA GeForce 1050ti 4gb

Thanks for your attention. I’m looking forward to your reply.

Message 1 of 7 (589 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@abracadabraabraa @Zeelmaekers 

Can I point out something so obvious that it is easy to overlook:

If you are seeing very poor performance on a mid-range rig, do check your display is connected to your GPU and not your motherboard video output!!

This can be something of a facepalm moment so no worries if you do not want to say that is what the issue was Standard smile

barry.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (538 Views)

All Replies

Hey @abracadabraabraa 

If you are using these specs below there is no reason to upgrade.
Those are good enough to run the game 60 FPS med settings.

If you have technical issues, you might want to check out my troubleshooting guide.
Zeel's Troubleshooting Guide 

If you really want to upgrade an SDD would be great and if you want to spend a bit more, look for a 2000 series NVIDIA GPU. (300-400 euros)
But that's really overkill, you don't need that (only for 144 Hz 1080p)

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 2 of 7 (558 Views)

★★ Novice

I've done a lot of fps boosting guides on youtube, it still runs with bad performance, the moment I bought the pc the games ran smooth but now I have it for a few years and its performance got a lot worse comparing to then I bought it, the same games run worse, I did fresh windows restart and stuff didn't help.

Message 3 of 7 (546 Views)

Community Manager

@abracadabraabraa @Zeelmaekers 

Can I point out something so obvious that it is easy to overlook:

If you are seeing very poor performance on a mid-range rig, do check your display is connected to your GPU and not your motherboard video output!!

This can be something of a facepalm moment so no worries if you do not want to say that is what the issue was Standard smile

barry.png
Message 4 of 7 (539 Views)

★★ Novice

You mean the hdmi port? Im really sorry im a lil computer dumb :D

Message 5 of 7 (526 Views)

Community Manager

@abracadabraabraa 

Yes, connect your monitor to the HDMI port on your graphics card.

barry.png
Message 6 of 7 (493 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Barry I cant undertand what happened, for a moment it got a lot better, but now i got back from work turned it on again and it got the same again...
Message 7 of 7 (443 Views)