World of Chel error code

by Schutte29

Original Post

World of CHEL Error

★★★ Novice

Hello, I have been having this issue since the game was released.  Every time I try to load World of Chel I recieve an Error screen that states failed to retrieve data.  I have been on the phone with EA several times. I have conducted all of their troubleshooting steps.  Last night they gave me a list of ports to be opened on my router through my cable company. I did that with no fix. I have reinstalled the game several times, erased all saved data while doing so. I tried 2 different hard copies of the game and even downloaded a copy off the store, with no fix. I tried another PS4 as well, with no fix.  I was on the phone with customer service last night for 3 hours and was finally told "there is nothing more we can do". Is anyone else having this issue or have a recommended fix? I have exhausted all other options. Any hep would be greatly appreciated. 

Message 1 of 78 (9,376 Views)

Re: World of CHEL Error

Hero

@ReeD0033

This is a known issue. There is also a dressing room error bug impacting drop in and club modes in WoC. 

They dev team is working on a fix. 

•—————————————————•

If a message helped you, please give it XP! Click the XP button at the bottom of the post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Not an EA employee

Banner AHQ Hero Mass Effect.png

Message 2 of 78 (9,354 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey! Yeah i have had that same problem since game was released.. And i have contacted EA too and i get those troubleshooting steps but no help at all.. In Early access everything worked well but now not so well.. I really hope they fix this.

Message 3 of 78 (9,346 Views)

World of chel ERROR!

★★★ Novice

Hey, it has been now 2 weeks that i cant get in to world of chel. Since game was released and when im trying to go gamemode called ”World of Chel” it says error and then there is some kind of errorcode. I have tried to contact ea help chat and they gave me troubleshooting steps but that didnt work. I really hope that you can fix this issue. Im sure that this is my last ever NHL that i buy.

Message 4 of 78 (6,343 Views)

Update 1.20 same error Failed to retieve data

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

So I've updated my PS4 game to the latest version of NHL19 however when I try to open the World Of Chel menu I am left with the Failed to Retrieve Data error and a long code (see attatched picture)

This has been going on since the day of release and given that its the only real new feature mode since last years game it's annoying that its the only mode that does not work.

I should also point out that i've tried the whole opening ports, deleting data, reinstalling, rebuilding database, restoring licences etc but it still does not work. I tested it with another account and it works (but not useful for me) so this surely has to be a server issue at EA end.

Message 5 of 78 (6,470 Views)

Re: Update 1.20 same error Failed to retieve data

★★★ Newbie
I have same problem with HUT roster changing. I have already tried all the same steps and still error code poppin.
Message 6 of 78 (6,430 Views)

World Of Chel ERROR!?

★★★ Newbie

ive been having trouble accessing World of Chel.. i have gone through all the reset steps sent by EA and still nothing?

Message 7 of 78 (6,430 Views)

World of Chel error code

★ Novice

Every single time I try to load World of Chel on my Xbox One I am given a failed to retrieve data error which has been going on for over a month now. I have tried every single step given to me by tech support 3 times. WILL THERE BE A FIX FOR THIS?! Seems ridiculous to be going on this long.

Message 8 of 78 (6,334 Views)

★★★ Novice

When I first bought the game World of CHEL worked perfectly.  For the last five days it gives this error every single time and it's very frustrating! I hope they patch this.

Message 9 of 78 (9,116 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you for hanging in there with us on this. The NHL team just released a new patch and provided this response in the following thread:

"We are still investigating into what is causing Dressing Room errors for EASHL. We are still working on it and are trying find out what the exact cause is in order to solve it. We appreciate your patience as we work to address the issue."

Full details on patch 1.3.0 can be found here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/NHL-19-PATCH-1-3-0/m-p/7131178#M422

Blueberry.png
Message 10 of 78 (9,097 Views)