Untrusted System File

by plink1260

Original Post

Origin 'Offline' & Easy Anti-Cheat Error

★★★ Newbie

When I try to launch Apex Legends it loads the AL start screen of loading bar and then initially says Error we've noticed your computer is offline. A thing with this is it did this even when it was downloading the game past 40%. Offline yet downloading the game? After that there is the Easy Anti-Cheat saying there is an Untrusted system file of (C:\Windows\System32\webio.dll) which isnt something I believe I can change? Can someone help me understand how to fix this as I feel the Easy Anti-Cheat & Origin are somehow conflicting each other. My Windows & Origin are up to date, it is also whitelisted for my firewall and ive tried it whilst firewall is off. Ive also launched Origin & AL as admins and yet it still keep spitting these two errors out at me.

Message 1 of 17 (3,707 Views)

Re: Origin 'Offline' & Easy Anti-Cheat Error

★★★ Newbie

Sorry forgot to add pictures of the error codes. Also tried to connect via friends, it acknowledged i was online with a friend being able to send me an invite, yet it still said the same offline error message.

Message 2 of 17 (3,661 Views)

★ Pro
What I could find:
The game loaded a system dll that failed an integrity check. This error indicates a system level corruption.

In most cases this can be fixed by running the following command with Adminstrator rights:

sfc /scannow
Message 3 of 17 (3,657 Views)

Message 4 of 17 (3,656 Views)

★ Pro

Not having the correct Visual C++ libraries can cause a wide range of weird things so make sure:

apexvisualc.jpg

Message 5 of 17 (3,655 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Also having the same problem.

The above suggestions didn't resolve anything for me

Message 6 of 17 (3,607 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hey there

Anti Cheat

Download CCleaner and do a register repair.

This could solve the anti-cheat issue.

Connection Troubleshooting

Try to do the following steps here:Click me!

Let me know if one of these steps worked.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 7 of 17 (3,600 Views)

Untrusted System File

★ Novice

I have the same problem as a lot of other people but the solutions I found have never worked. It's the Easy Anti-Cheat "Untrusted System File" and it's webio.dll. I have done the cmd thing and tried the Ccleaner registry cleaner but nothing works pls helppppp

Message 8 of 17 (2,647 Views)

Re: Untrusted System File

Community Manager

The issue is generally a result of an issue with an OS library file @plink1260.

I know you did it before but would you mind scanning your system again. Can you open CMD and ensure that you are launching it with administrator privileges. Once done type in sfc /scan now and and hit enter.

If this does not help can you then go ahead and disable both your anti-virus and your firewall and then try launching the game again.

let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 9 of 17 (2,622 Views)

Re: Untrusted System File

★ Novice
Ok will do!
Message 10 of 17 (2,615 Views)