Long Loading Time

by RBChee

Original Post

Unreasonably Long Loading times

★ Novice

I used to be able to run this game without many issues, but recently I've been having a serious problem on startup. I'm launching Star Wars Battlefront 2 from Origin and the game starts up fine, but hangs on the title loading screen for an unreasonable amount of time. If I just let it run, it will eventually take me into the main menu, but the problem persists if I try to join a game and I get kicked as a result so I can't even really play the game. I've tried many of the common solutions (re-install, repair, deleting the Battlefront 2 documents folder) but none of these solutions have worked for me thus far.

CPU - AMD FX-6350

GPU - 3071MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB (MSI)

RAM - 16.0GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)

Message 1 of 14 (655 Views)

Re: Unreasonably Long Loading times

Community Manager

@RocketPlatypus 

This could potentially indicate your hard drive is getting close to failing.

It is probably a good idea to backup anything important from that drive while you still can.

barry.png
Message 2 of 14 (620 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@EA_BarryI've had this problem on multiple hard drives. I also have not been having this problem with any of my other games on steam, EGS, etc

Message 3 of 14 (568 Views)

Long Loading Time

★★ Novice

My problem is the same as title. Game runs perfectly fine so I have no complaints there but the startup loading time when launching the game takes around 4 minutes, loading into the campaign loads takes 3 minutes. My current Nvidia driver version is 460.79. I was wondering if anyone found a solution for this cause I also tried pausing my anti-virus to see if it would help and the game is installed on my SSD.

Message 4 of 14 (602 Views)

Re: Long Loading Time

EA DICE Team

Hey @RBChee  are you using DX12 when playing? I recommend that you try DX11. 

/Atic 

Message 5 of 14 (531 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Atic I am currently using dx11
Message 6 of 14 (513 Views)

Game won’t load

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I recently took advantage of the free giveaway of the game Battlefront II Celebration Edition on Epic Games, and have installed everything that came with it. But it won’t ever leave the first image with all the helmets even though at the corner there’s something like a circle made of lines that’s “loading” I assume. I don’t know what extra info to give... I have a windows 10x64 intel core i5-7200, with an nvidia GeForce 940mx and an Ethernet connection of 450mbps

Message 7 of 14 (448 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I also have a fairly new computer, and this is the only game that does this. My hard drive is definitely not close to failing.

Message 8 of 14 (441 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@RBChee Just want to leave my post here that I also have this issue. No, my hard drive is not near death, I'm on DX11...
Only this game seems to have this issue, as I can load much larger games like Cod WZ in 10-15 seconds. Of course, this is not apples to apples, but a 2.5 min loading time is pretty excessive, and 4-5 min to load campaign, again is excessive.
Of course, when I run the game, everything runs super smoothly.
Message 9 of 14 (446 Views)

★★★ Novice

> This could potentially indicate your hard drive is getting close to failing.

Except this issue has plagued the game for years and there's dozens of threads about this same issue even to this day. We don't all have "failing harddrives." Fix your game.

Message 10 of 14 (439 Views)