Unplayable out of sync gameplay for a whole year need answers!!!

by jamiescotty93

Original Post

Re: Unplayable out of sync gameplay for a whole year need answers!!!

★ Guide

It's just me, or gameplay last weeks even slower than it was before? And not only online games. I've played a few Squad Battles games to complete objectives and gameplay is extremely slow. Squad battles don't require a perfect connection.

Message 11 of 29 (405 Views)

★★★ Novice

Gameplay for me since sunday 6pm Uk has been horrible. The worst it’s been this whole year. I’m on Ethernet with 73Mbps down and 18.5 up. And almost perfect score on their connection checker. It’s actually unplayable. Even affects squad battles. This is on ps5 version of game

Message 12 of 29 (378 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Its been like it for many of us since the game came out.

EA are just ignoring us simple as that. No explanation. No investigations. Rude condescending responses from the staff here, sheer incompetence from the live chat and the twitter team just dont respond.

Its an absolute joke. 

Message 13 of 29 (374 Views)

Community Manager

Hey, everyone.

I'd be more than happy to go through some troubleshooting if you're up to test some ideas out to see if things can improve on your end.

@jamiescotty93 

Thanks for being a longtime FIFA fan. It was difficult to read your experiences because I could only imagine how frustrating they must be. We're here to help if you're looking for it. We'll let the FIFA team know what type of connection/server feedback we're getting from the community. If you want us to pass this along and that's it, we can do that. 

I don't cover these boards too often, I'm primarily on NHL, Madden NFL, UFC, and NBA LIVE. I had a player consistently talk to us about input lag all year on NHL and finally stumbled across a fix, it was their older HDMI cable.

Check it out here: https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/272265/possible-fix-for-anyone-who-had-unfixable-lag-and-oth...

I've also seen cases where input lag was due to not having "Gaming mode" set your T.V. Most televisions have them turned off by default, definitely make sure that's turned on. I purchased a Sceptre monitor recently and it had AMD freesync disabled by default, although it was advertised as a setting. I imagine most players assume it's already enabled. 

Do you have any devices plugged into your console/PC? Things like the guitar hero dongle caused freezing at the FIFA menu one year. My point is, we should absolutely explore all hardware possibilities when we see reports from players on them experiencing situations like this on a consistent basis. 

I'll be off the next couple days and will be here for  a few more hours or so, if we don't get something going we can always try next week. 

Blueberry.png
Message 14 of 29 (346 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@EA_Blueberry

Some interesting points there however as many of us have pointed out this problem is with Fifa and no other games.

If the problem was with our setups we would run into problems with other games.

Message 15 of 29 (318 Views)

★★★ Guide
@whosgotthefiyah I'm having the same issues, gameplay is horrible
Message 16 of 29 (282 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@whosgotthefiyah wrote:
@jamiescotty93

Thats the problem nobody knows.

EA insist it must be connection based yet when doing all the tests nothing shows up. My ISP have ran multiple tests nothing shows up. Every other game I play works perfectly So who knows perhaps the tests they have us run could be giving us incorrect data but im no expert. However the fact Fifa is the only game I have any issues with which would point to it being an issue server side. EA will not entertain that theory.

I thought perhaps its an issue with my console so tried on another.... Nope still the same.

I've changed ISP provider. The new one has put in totally new infrastructure from my house to the local exchange. I from a fibre to the cabinet connection to a fibre to property connection and there has been absolutely zero change in the gameplay. So either its their problem or the issue is at the local exchange and only effects Fifa games which just seems unlikely.

So at this point I have done all their troubleshooting steps literally changed every single bit of hardware and wiring from my console all the way to the local exchange and the problem is still there.

You'd think at this point EA might think "hold there is a lot of people with supposedly great connections suffering with terrible gameplay lets look into this" nope they just ignore us or copy and paste the same "troubleshooting steps" that weve all tried over and over again.

In my opinion there are enough reports of this almost daily now for them to actually pass this up the the game devs / network team to try and get to the root cause but they just wont.

You haven't done all the tests.

The main test is to see whats happening via a packet sniffer.

If you have a managed switch port mirror the connection to the console to a port for the laptop/pc ethernet and view that port with wireshark...make sure gvsp packets are on.

If you dont have a switch then share the laptop connection to the console...wireshark will work with that method.

then look out for notes on the GVSP packets.

how many packet resends do you have?

the check out pitch notes 15 from fifa 19....digest and you should work out what is going on here....

Message 17 of 29 (270 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@rawkfcmanager

Hey man. By all the tests I meant all the stuff EA suggests.

I wouldn't even know where to start with the tests you suggested but will look into it and see what I can do .

A question tho. If the issues are being caused by packet resends etc whose at fault here is it the ISP or is it EAs problem.

Seems strange that no other games have problems and now two totally different ISPs (I went from BT infinity using the old rubbish BT infrastructure to vodafone Gigafast using totally new fibre cables from property to exchange) have the same problem.

Message 18 of 29 (256 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

EA are perfectly aware of the issues, they chose not to do anything with this. It is not your ISP, not your hardware. It is the way the netcode is set up. It needs a systemic rehaul in order for you to be able to get responvie gameplay. That will off course not happen. You keep buying the game, revenues are at record high, they will not change a thing. 

You may have your perfect ISP scores, 16 ms ping with no jutter, best hardware, newest monitor, best cables. BTW, suggesting the HDMI cables may be behind the unresponsive gamepay is just laughable. LAUGHABLE.

I uninstalled the game. The best fix of all the issues. Try it!

Message 19 of 29 (235 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi mate thanks for the reply bit of a nice change from the normal ‘it’s in your head’ reply, I’ve tried everything even bought a gaming a monitor and changed my Internet provider and still bad after a year, It’s a coincidence that you’ve replied as the last few days have been the best gameplay I’ve had in a year, not perfect but a lot better, but the question is why? What has been improved? Nothing has changed from my side so whatever has been changed keep it up 

Message 20 of 29 (209 Views)
Twitter Stream

ea-dualentitle-promo-splash

Upgrade to a next gen console

Have a physical game disc for FIFA 21 but bought a discless console? Use our webform.

View more on EA Help

fifa21-promo2

Keep your account safe

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help