Unplayable out of sync gameplay for a whole year need answers!!!

by jamiescotty93

Original Post

Unplayable out of sync gameplay for a whole year need answers!!!

★ Apprentice

As the title states I’m sick of this now, a whole year of absolute craziness in terms of gameplay which I’m going to try and explain what I’ve been dealing with, I know it varies person to person but maybe you’ve had similar to me, so basically last year I was playing pro clubs with friends and all of a sudden I couldn’t control my player, I couldn’t jockey pass shoot dribble nothing, my player became weightless I was in shock and obviously I knew something had happened but didint know what, and it wasint just a gradual drop it was like an atomic bomb was dropped onto my fifa, I first thought my controller was broke so that was instantly replaced and nothing then I bought a gaming router nothing, changed hardrive nothing changed broadband provider nothing and you can see the pattern I went down, and ever since that one night when my gameplay changed it hasint been the same since and it started on fifa 20 and has carried onto fifa 21 I’ve even upgraded to a ps5 and still the same, things I have to deal with are ice skating when trying to jockey, speed of the game way too fast, dribbling clunky, my player not registering a tackle when jockeying, Ai players not running off the ball, l1 triangle passes over or under hit, and a weird one but all of a sudden bad players can easily read me even if I change my mind last minute it’s impossible to know as I didint even know myself and I’ve even tested it and went the other way and they get there, gameplay is unplayable and I know it’s cliche to say but I’ve been ranked top 100 weekend league elite 3 minimum every weekend, seasons record 500-60 on fifa 19 and I know people will say ‘your just trash’ as I know this is a very rare thing and only affects the minority as friends I’ve played with for years don’t know what I’m talking about but they obviously can see I’m not playing the same, another weird thing is that I’ve downloaded fifa 18 and 17 and it feels the same in those and I never had a problem with those, I play with a lan cable and 500mb I don’t know if it’s connection or account based but this isint acceptable I’ve tried to reach out to ea help to be told ‘it’s in my head’ a customer since 98 and in treat like this, the billions they make every year and this is what I have to put up with in 2021, we can’t let them get away with this!! 

Message 1 of 29 (1,173 Views)

Re: Unplayable out of sync gameplay for a whole year need answers!!!

★ Apprentice

Still no help?? 

Message 2 of 29 (1,124 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@jamiescotty93

I have pretty much the same issues. It also appeared suddenly a few years ago. I get a handful of games each year where everything seems fine but other than that its a mess. I describe it as unresponsive gameplay.

When passing the ball moves too slow regardless of power input.

Through balls are broken. Same as you rarely goes to my players

My players don't "lock onto the ball" so I can move a defender into the path of the ball and they just ignore it or take forever to gain possession usually resulting inthe attack instantly winning the ball back.

My players pace stats dont seem to translate in game 99 pace players easily out paced by slower players when all stats suggest my player should have an advantage .

It is often as though the game thinks my opposition players are on my team and passes aimed in one direction at my players will be played straight to the opposition.

Those are just a few things but there are many many more.

I have good stable Internet (rated 99/100 by EA) all the tests show I shouldn't experience any problems at all and yet I do.

Whats frustrating is EAs response is instantly its our connections. They dont do anything other than the most basic "troubleshooting" which makes no difference at all. When you provide all the evidence to show its not your connection they just ignore any further contact.

It would be great if someone from EA could actually look into this and find out why some of us are having such a poor gameplay experience.
Message 3 of 29 (1,118 Views)

★ Apprentice

Do you think it’s more connection or hardware/acccount based? Honestly it’s a joke the lack of support 

Message 4 of 29 (1,110 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@jamiescotty93

Thats the problem nobody knows.

EA insist it must be connection based yet when doing all the tests nothing shows up. My ISP have ran multiple tests nothing shows up. Every other game I play works perfectly So who knows perhaps the tests they have us run could be giving us incorrect data but im no expert. However the fact Fifa is the only game I have any issues with which would point to it being an issue server side. EA will not entertain that theory.

I thought perhaps its an issue with my console so tried on another.... Nope still the same.

I've changed ISP provider. The new one has put in totally new infrastructure from my house to the local exchange. I from a fibre to the cabinet connection to a fibre to property connection and there has been absolutely zero change in the gameplay. So either its their problem or the issue is at the local exchange and only effects Fifa games which just seems unlikely.

So at this point I have done all their troubleshooting steps literally changed every single bit of hardware and wiring from my console all the way to the local exchange and the problem is still there.

You'd think at this point EA might think "hold there is a lot of people with supposedly great connections suffering with terrible gameplay lets look into this" nope they just ignore us or copy and paste the same "troubleshooting steps" that weve all tried over and over again.

In my opinion there are enough reports of this almost daily now for them to actually pass this up the the game devs / network team to try and get to the root cause but they just wont.

Message 5 of 29 (1,083 Views)

★ Apprentice

It’s definitely not my broadband I have 500 download and lab cable straight into the router, how can EA get away with it? Every other game I play is fine and like I say I’ve had fifa since 98 and before fifa 20 it was fine I had no complaints 

Message 6 of 29 (1,057 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

You should just walk through EA's troubleshooting steps that will fix your connection. The game will be smooth and responsive, you will find a beautiful girl and a highly paid job. These magical "steps" changed everything for me.

Message 7 of 29 (1,030 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ea connection tool will fix mankind eventually 😂 its such a shame that they know there’s a problem but are paid to lie, no other company in the world could get away with this, I’ve seen the scripted replies they give with ‘uo traces’ they tell you to ping easo.ea.com which is a server based in America and you’ll have high ping and unknown traces if you live in Uk which then gives them a pass to say it’s your fault it’s crazy, no other games are a problem even call of duty with 150 players in the lobby but I can’t play a 1v1 without ice skating input delay, I wish people would just boycott EA

Message 8 of 29 (993 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Because EA insisted it was my connection I got onto my ISP. They sent out an engineer plugged in tested everything from my local network all the way to the exchange and you guessed it absolutely no problems.

When I showed the engineer what the EA "network expert" had told me was causing the issue they just laughed and said "not only is that wrong its totally made up" thats what we are dealing with. They fob us off with nonsense like the uotraces which is bad enough but the smug arrogant condescending way they do it is even worse. 

Message 9 of 29 (966 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@whosgotthefiyahAbsolute joke! There’s got to be someone that knows about this and can help, I’ve downloaded fifa 17,18,19 and 20 and they all feel bad and I had no problem with 17,18,19 before all of this so could that indicate servers being the problem? Are they all still running in same servers as 21?

Message 10 of 29 (952 Views)
Twitter Stream

ea-dualentitle-promo-splash

Upgrade to a next gen console

Have a physical game disc for FIFA 21 but bought a discless console? Use our webform.

View more on EA Help

fifa21-promo2

Keep your account safe

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help