Re: Unplayable massive fps drops (with considered good Pc)?

by Konform103

Original Post

Unplayable massive fps drops (with considered good Pc)?

★★★ Newbie

Good day

I recently bought a new GPU and expected stable fps and good performance once I bought and connected it to my pc build. At some cases it is smooth, but has these random massive fps drops whenever playing and I don't understand why it is happening. It causes fights to be unplayable and I don't think that it should run like this .I never have anything open in the background when playing, bios is up to date, drivers are up to date and I've formatted my pc multiple times. Not one of these methods or updates helped with these weird drops. Both my monitors are 60hz and I get that even though your game says it's running at whatever fps above your monitor refresh rate, the monitor can't display more than 60, but that is certainly not why whenever my fps drops from 150 to 90 it just becomes unplayable?

Pc Specs:

Cpu: Ryzen 5 1600x
Motherboard: PRIME A320M-K

Gpu: xfx Radeon 5500 xt 8gb
Psu: Huntkey 80 master
Ram: Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz

Any help would be appreciated.

SlobbyMc

Message 1 of 2 (170 Views)

Re: Unplayable massive fps drops (with considered good Pc)?

★ Pro
@SlobbyMc i think it means there is something going on with your connection to server or the server itself.. also some part of the map you will see your fps drop anyway for whatever reason

if it's the server/connection you check your ping and if needed avoid playing at peak hours

if it's input lag there are ways to cope with that
Message 2 of 2 (137 Views)