Unplayable input lag

by infi_xD

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unplayable input lag

★★★★★ Novice

I previously played BF5 fine, it worked as expected with no problems, then I had a lengthy break from playing.  I recently tried to fire BF5 up again and was immediately faced with unplayable input lag.  The game responded very poorly to my mouse movements and I eventually ended up on a in downward facing position - the game is unplayable. 

I have tried a fresh install of BF5.  I have tried altering the mouse sensitivies.  My PC runs the game fine - this is baffling!

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 9 (2,615 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unplayable input lag

★★★★★ Novice

I figured it out after I had similar trouble watching Youtube.  Sometimes my bluetooth headphones create a system lag which stops videos from playing.  If I switch off the headphones and reconnect, the problem fixes itself.  

I loaded BF5 without bluetooth headphones connected and the game runs fine.  I expect the sound will be ok as well if I connect the headphones after the game has loaded.  I will report back.

View in thread

Message 6 of 9 (2,512 Views)

All Replies

@infi_xD Are you running BF5 in DX11 or DX12? What are your PC specs?
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 2 of 9 (2,581 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

i5-4690K

32GB RAM

Geforce GTX 1070

Windows 10

DirectX 12

Nothing in the hardware has changed between the first and second periuods of playing BF5.

Message 3 of 9 (2,558 Views)

★★ Pro
@infi_xD Well BFV is known to not run well with only 4 cpu cores, but if these problems didn´t accure before it should be something different. Did you check your gamesettings? I´ve heard from a couple people, that their settings did reset after a patch. That could lead to the game running differently than it did before.
Message 4 of 9 (2,548 Views)

Community Manager

@infi_xD 

Do you have the latest Windows updates installed and driver or your GPU?

Have you made any hardware changes since it started happening or downloaded new software on your PC?

PC Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/pc-graphics-troubleshooting/

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 9 (2,522 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I figured it out after I had similar trouble watching Youtube.  Sometimes my bluetooth headphones create a system lag which stops videos from playing.  If I switch off the headphones and reconnect, the problem fixes itself.  

I loaded BF5 without bluetooth headphones connected and the game runs fine.  I expect the sound will be ok as well if I connect the headphones after the game has loaded.  I will report back.

Message 6 of 9 (2,513 Views)

★★ Pro

It is crazy how things sometimes are connected on pc. I remember the bug, that COD 4 multiplayer wasn't working, until you connected something to the microphone port of the pc. 

Message 7 of 9 (2,499 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

OMG @N4v1s  It's not just me that had this issue! with CoD:4 :D 

The most bissar issue I have seen so far in a released game. 

@infi_xD  Glad to hear you found out what was causing the issue in the end. 

/Atic 

Message 8 of 9 (2,414 Views)

★★ Pro
@EA_Atic Isn´t it? :D The stupid thing is everytime I´m doing a LAN with my friends (like every 2 years at max) we are sitting there for some time wondering why it isn´t working. This bug is so bizzare, that you just forget about it.
Message 9 of 9 (2,406 Views)