Unplayable, crash every 5 games.

by Kaparroides

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Unplayable, crash every 5 games.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

This better be fixed in season 2 because this is * ridiculous, no wonder your game is dying, triple AAA company still can't fix crash problem since day 1???

EA_Blueberry: Edited Title from ALL CAPS

Message 1 of 16 (777 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unplayable, crash every 5 games.

★★★★ Apprentice

hey, i thought it would be relevant to comeback here saying how i fixed my crashing problem to others that might have the same problem, i did everything to try and fix it but nothing was working, untill i updated my bios 1 month ago, haven't had a single crash since, it might not be the same issue that you have but if nothing is working for you, maybe you can try to update it aswell and see how it goes.

View in thread

Message 15 of 16 (615 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Kaparroides 

We can do what we can to stop it from crashing for you every 5 games. Can you upload a DxDiag?

How to Pull a DxDiag

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Does it still crash on you if you perform a clean boot and then immediately launch Origin as adminsitrator? (Right click on the desktop shortcut)

How to Clean Boot

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 16 (759 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

there's the dxdiag file, the crashes happen to all my friends, completely random, i don't have any weird programs or services running, no need to cleanboot.

Message 3 of 16 (749 Views)

Hey,

Do you crash with a error code or does the game just close without a error message.
This way we maybe find the issue a bit faster.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 4 of 16 (726 Views)

Community Manager

@Kaparroides 

Is your Intel chip disabled? 

We had an employee over here crash non-stop but after a clean boot he was able to load up the game just fine. There could be a program running in the background causing it. Xbox Game Pass App just had an update, so we were suspecting it was that. We've also seen other programs like Skype and others conflict with Origin.

Can you try a clean boot first and then immediately launch Origin as administrator? This way we can first determine if it's a third party program?

How to Clean Boot your PC

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 16 (708 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

what do you mean by chip disabled? i'm not an professional, and xbox game pass update doesn't matter because i use to crash before the update aswell, just had a crash it gave me an error message and the crashfile that i'll link it below, i didn't want to clean boot because sometimes it goes for like 10 games without crashing, and sometimes crashes like 3x in a row.

Message 6 of 16 (669 Views)

Community Manager

@Kaparroides 

Go to your Nvidia Control Panel (right click on the desktop) and set the power to max performance (you can do the same thing too for your Windows Power Settings).

Try rolling back your video card driver and then re-download the latest one again. (that can be done with the GeForce Experience)

Performing a clean boot is a great way to find out if it's a program running in the background that's causing the crashes. If you need help with that and additional troubleshooting from our technical advisors, our Live-Support is available to get in touch with via the link below.

Click here to contact an EA Advisor

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 16 (649 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

hey again, so as you said, i set the power to max performance in nvidia control panel, i re-installed the latest video card driver, i performed a clean boot, i launched origin as admin, launched apex, went in trainning mode and it crashed within 5 min... it gave me the crash folder again, i don't know what to do anymore. I used to play this game with no problem in like 2 month ago. (this only happens in Apex btw, it's fine with other heavy games).

Message 8 of 16 (591 Views)

Community Manager

@Kaparroides 

Have you installed any new hardware or software in the last few weeks and does it work if you uninstall the Xbox Game Pass from your PC?

Blueberry.png
Message 9 of 16 (537 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

update: no new hardware, no xbox game pass, still crashing in season 2, i've been crashing once every 2 or 3 days (playable), but today i've crashed 3 or 4 times in less than 2 hours, can't play like this, had nvidia update yesterday tho.

Message 10 of 16 (503 Views)