Unplayable bad performance on system that mostly exceeds minimum specs.

by iplaythesaxfone

Original Post

Unplayable bad performance on system that mostly exceeds minimum specs.

★★ Novice

My system (see DxDiag.txt attached) exceeds the minimum specs for everything except CPU (mine is a 3.3GHz quad-core instead of minimum 3.8GHz quad-core -- not a significant enough difference to justify the horrible performance).The performance is bad both in terms of raw FPS, but also in terms of extreme input lag / mouse lag.

I have done every performance optimisation imaginable:

- Play on 1600x900 instead of my native 1920x1080.

- Turn every setting to its absolute minimum.

- Run with the `-fullscreen` command-line flag.

- Disable the usual problematic settings in NVidia Settings.

- Set Apex to "High Performance" in Windows' "Graphics Settings".

The input lag, in particular, makes it impossible to play the game at a basic level. Input lag this severe is not justifiable for a difference of 0.5GHz between my CPU and the minimum spec, especially when the usual cause of input lag in games is from the GPU (which is faster than the minimum spec and has double the minimum VRAM).

My PC runs other games with similar graphical quality, render scene complexity, and notoriously bad optimisation, such as Rust, Arma 3, Fallout 4, Dishonored 2, and Hitman (2016) *much* better (both in terms of FPS and input lag) than Apex, even when rendering extremely complex scenes. I got quite poor performance in Destiny 2 and Titanfall 2 back when I was using a GTX 560Ti, but nowhere near as poor as Apex on my GTX 670.

If this wasn't a free game, I'd be demanding a refund. Instead, you've just wasted many days' worth of internet usage time I had to spend on the 40GB data (because the Origin installer hit bug after bug which prevented me from running the game in a not-fully-downloaded "Playable" state, as advertised). Please change your minimum specifications to reflect the extremely poor performance, or optimise the rendering to address the false advertising.

Message 1 of 4 (519 Views)

Re: Unplayable bad performance on system that mostly exceeds minimum specs.

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hello, i saw u talking about about input lag and mouse lag in ur post.

When i did not move my mouse the game runs smooth as F*, but when i started moving my mouse i dropped like almost 80 FPS.

this fixed my lag in game:

My mouse was on 1000 pollingrate, i put it back too 500 and my lag was gone.

Maybe its worth a check/try?

Message 2 of 4 (496 Views)

Hey @iplaythesaxfone 

Can you try to get the priority for Apex Legends on Normal?
This is currently a known issue that will result in input lag/stuttering of the mouse cursor.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 3 of 4 (485 Views)

★★ Novice

When I say "I've tried the following", I mean I've tried the game before and after making each of those changes, and checked if that single change fixed anything. So yes, I've tried the priority on Normal. The input lag is horrendous before making any changes, and after making each individual change.

Message 4 of 4 (406 Views)