Unmodified McLaren P1 transmission sticks in 2nd and 3rd gear

by CRSSQUARED

Original Post

Unmodified McLaren P1 transmission sticks in 2nd and 3rd gear

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: Need for Speed Heat
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug automatic transmission sticks in 2nd and 3rd gear. Both 2nd and 3rd gear hit the rev limiter for a few seconds.
What car were you using? McLaren P1
Was the car your own build or downloaded from the in-game community? Personal Build
What was the last event you played? Ray of Light
Was it a day or a night event? Day Event
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just use the P1 and smash the gas. Accelerate heavily.
What happens when the bug occurs? it doesn't accelerate as quickly as it should.
What do you expect to see? a transmission that doesn't stick and a P1 that accelerates as it should

Bought a P1. Didn't modify it at all. 2nd and 3rd gear stick under hard acceleration.

Message 1 of 9 (3,648 Views)

Re: Unmodified McLaren P1 transmission sticks in 2nd and 3rd gear

★★★★★ Novice
@CRSSQUARED I have both P1 and P1 GTR and never had that issue, is it the same when you tuned it ?
Message 2 of 9 (3,600 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m having the same issue with my P1. Affects 1st through 4th for me. I don’t mind using a manual transmission in sim-racers, but I expect it to be taken care of in arcade racers like this.

Message 3 of 9 (3,568 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem with my P1 but for me its only 2nd gear. I’ll start a race or free roam or even when I make turns and if its in second gear it wont shift up for like 5 seconds and just say redlining as if I was drifting. Even in a straight line the car in second gear sticks and the AI or whatever controls automatic shifting wont shift up. Now I switched to manual transmission to see if it was just a part of the cars gearing but in manual it works fine and I have absolutely no problem shifting out of second gear as soon as I hit the redline. But I can’t stand manual in this game because RB or for playstation R1 is also the action button that triggers races and enters garages. Game could definitely use a bug fix update. 

Message 4 of 9 (3,533 Views)

acceleration bug

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Summarize your bug The acceleration of every car I buy is really slow and sometimes gets stuck in 3 gear or just takes forever to change gears. Me and my friend had the same level car and when racing he was 2x as fast as me with the same modifications and same car
What car were you using? Every car
Was the car your own build or downloaded from the in-game community? Personal Build
What was the last event you played? Solo and online
Was it a day or a night event?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? There’s a lot of complaints online
What happens when the bug occurs? The car takes forever to accelerate even when modified 100% Gets stuck in gears
What do you expect to see? An update to fix the bug asap

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Summarize your bug The acceleration of every car I buy is really slow and sometimes gets stuck in 3 gear or just takes forever to change gears. Me and my friend had the same level car and when racing he was 2x as fast as me with the same modifications and same car
What car were you using? Every car
What was the last event you played? Online and solo
Was it a day or a night event?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? There’s a lot of complaints online
What happens when the bug occurs? The car takes forever to accelerate even when modified 100% Gets stuck in gears
What do you expect to see? And update to fix the bug ASAP

Message 5 of 9 (3,495 Views)

★ Novice
@CRSSQUARED I have the same issue on ps4
Message 6 of 9 (3,085 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same happens. My P1 Shifts late from 1st to 2nd and does even worse from 2nd to 3rd.

Message 7 of 9 (3,032 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Same here. It always bounces off the rev limiter when shifting from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd, sometimes it even does it from 3rd to 4th as well. No tuning or parts fix it. Its a shame because it's my favorite car. Its also a sh*t ton faster in real life than they make it in the game. 

I'm on Xbox One X

Message 8 of 9 (2,095 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im having the same problem of the shifting from 2nd to 3rd sticking and taking a few seconds for the shift to occur. All i have done to the car was performance mods and cosmetic mods, i havent change the type of engine or the transmission. It would be great if this problem could be fixed because the McLaren P1 is one of my favorite vehicles to use in the game.

Message 9 of 9 (1,957 Views)