Unlinking old EA account from Xbox Gamertag

by StrifeandValour

Original Post

Re: Unlinking old EA account from Xbox Gamertag

★★★ Newbie

I’m having this same issue but I have access to my account!! Can someone please help 

Message 11 of 41 (709 Views)

Community Manager

Hello, @goodvibes4201 

If you're saying that changing your password isn't working, please try contacting @EAHelp through Twitter or open a case with a live support advisor here: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/. You can also go to facebook.com/eahelphub to get in touch with support. They'll look into this for you. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 12 of 41 (691 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have a kind of similar problem, I'm trying to log into a game but it keeps telling me to update my email, so when i update my to my new email account it says, 'duplicate email' and 'this is your Email address across all games and websites', yet it doesnt even tell me how to fix it.

Message 13 of 41 (656 Views)

Community Manager

@JjHay1307 

It's very possible that email is already in use by another EA account. Please try contacting an advisor as I suggested in my previous post. They should be able to help with this.

Aljo.png
Message 14 of 41 (643 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I am having this exact same issue, I even sent EA support a screenshot of the issues I'm having with someone putting a Russian email into my account (I'm based in Australia), provided them all the details of a recent purchase and now I'm told they can't do anything about it. Check out the screenshot of what I get when I tried to log into my EA account.

It seems EA cares more about protecting hackers than it does its paying customers.

Message 15 of 41 (632 Views)

Community Manager

@dodarino_92 

We absolutely care about protecting legitimate players. This is why we have stringent account verification policies. When someone isn't able to accurately answer questions pertaining to the history of the account, we can't verify they own it. You're welcome to contact our support team again to try verifying if you have some new information to provide.

Aljo.png
Message 16 of 41 (620 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi Aljo,

Do you not see the issue there? Someone has hacked my account - I am a legitimate player so your point about caring about protecting legitimate players rings more than a little bit hollow.

If someone changed your mobile number and you had to call your provider and prove the number is yours but they say the number you have given is wrong, there's a different number there now - how could you possible prove it? That's the whole point of someone hacking your account; you're no longer able to prove it's yours.

This is some of the most asinine, roundabout corporate speak for "we've tried absolutely nothing, there's nothing more we can do".

Message 17 of 41 (608 Views)

Community Manager

@dodarino_92 

An advisor asks questions that pertain to the history of the account. If you can't answer those questions correctly, your account can't be verified. 

Aljo.png
Message 18 of 41 (592 Views)

★ Novice

nah, everything hes saying is right. theres things you guys could do as the massive company you are, but that would cost money, so you wont do it. 

my gamertag is apparently linked to an EA account i used with my 15 year old email, and theres no way in hell i can answer those laughable verification questions. 

even though a couple months ago, i installed titanfall 2 through gamepass, installed ea desktop beta, signed in, and played titanfall 2, then uninstalled titanfall 2, and never touched ea desktop app until today because i wanted to install nfs heat, but the account that was logged into the ea desktop app was not the correct account, and now im screwed, and can never play ea games again on my gamertag ive had for over 15 years. EA is a joke. 

you say that unlinking a gamertag from an EA account would erase all the saved data, but im sure theres people out there, probably in your company, that could figure out a way around that and get me along with everyone else having this stupid problem linked and ready to play, and use our money that youre receiving from microsoft for our xbox ultimate pass subscription. im literally paying you for no reason at all. its ridiculous, plain and simple.

Message 19 of 41 (572 Views)

Community Manager

@Chuddogg92 

We can't grant access to an account without verifying you own it. Not all of the questions require you know details from 15 years ago. Regardless, you could also try looking up other accounts from around the same time. It's possible you used similar details in them.

Aljo.png
Message 20 of 41 (527 Views)