Re: Unlinking an old EA account from my Gamertag

by darkedgy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unlinking an old EA account from my Gamertag

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have recently joined the Xbox Game Pass which includes EA Play membership. My Xbox Game Pass shows that I have not linked the gamertag to an EA account however when I try to link it, it then tells me my Gamertag is linked to another account. This could only have really happened prior to EA Play launching in 2014 on Xbox One as in that era I went from Xbox 360 to PS4, and have never owned an Xbox One series console.

I did have a second EA account - I can't even remember why, but it was linked to an email account which no longer exists and I have no method of recovering the email  account regardless. I contacted "<>" from the EA help live chat who confirmed that my secondary account was deleted and the information is no longer held for legal (GDPR) reasons, however he could see that the account was the one my gamertag was linked to. He also confirmed that Microsoft would not be able to unlink the gamertag from the deleted EA account. He informed me that he believed me when I said that I could not access my ancient email account and that therefore there was nothing I could do on my end. 

He said that I accepted this could be the case when I agreed to a disclaimer that I could never have seen as the disclaimer included information about EA Play. I asked what EA could do to resolve the situation where I am unable to access EA Play which I am paying for through my Xbox Game Pass package, however <> was intent that nothing could be done and refused to escalate the case when I asked (four times!)

So I am in a situation where I am paying for an EA service that I cannot access, whilst the EA live chat advisor just kept running around in circles and contradicted himself. To add insult to injury, after refusing to escalate the case he flounced off, ending the chat, and recorded the case as fixed. This is absolutely not a fixed case.

As you can imagine, after being given contradictory information, not being able to respond to factual statements, and giving me obstructions rather than assistance, I am rather frustrated, however, whilst text can unfortunately be interpreted in many ways I did retain my composure. 

All I am looking for is either a workaround to allow me to access what I am paying for via the Xbox Game Pass route, or for my gamertag to be unlinked from an account which no longer exists) so that I may re-link to my main EA account. If I'm honest, I don't even remember linking my gamertag to any EA account, so I can only assume he is correct when he says I went through a deletion process and would have been informed about certain limitations, even if the disclaimer he copied and pasted couldn't have existed at the point I may have last accessed the old EA account over a decade ago (prior to some of the content in the disclaimer even existing). There is also a possibility that the account was deleted due to inactivity, but I cannot confirm this, nor deny that I may have gone through a deletion process of my choosing, as again, we're talking a long time ago.

I have included the transcript from the case below but obviously retracted certain identifiable information for obvious reasons. I am obviously happy to provide the case number if that is helpful, however again it incorrectly says that the issue is fixed.

Please could someone with a solution offer assistance?

Chat Started: Tuesday, November 23, 2021, 03:32:53 (+0530)
Chat Origin: EN_CH_T1_AB
Agent <> A
( 4m 7s ) <>: Thank you for contacting EA HELP, my name is <>, may I start with your first name please?
( 4m 18s ) Visitor: Hi, my first name is Nathan
( 4m 26s ) <>: Hi Nathan! Nice to have you here, how may I assist you today ?
( 6m 28s ) Visitor: I have recently signed up to Xbox Game Pass with the EA Play perk - I have tried to pair my Xbox Live account with my EA account and it is telling me that my Xbox account is linked to another EA account which needs to be unlinked first. I used to use a second EA account but haven&#39;t accessed it in over 10 years (from memory) and I can&#39;t remember the details and possibly don&#39;t even have access to the email address that was used for the other EA account. I&#39;m hoping I can unlink my Xbox account from the other EA account so I can link it to my main
( 7m 0s ) <>: No worries I will definitely try my best to help you in the best possible way.
( 7m 15s ) <>: Could you please confirm me the gamertag linked with the account first ?
( 7m 27s ) Visitor: Yep, the Gamertag is [retracted]
( 8m 41s ) <>: Thanks.
( 8m 49s ) <>: Please allow me a minute to check it.
( 8m 58s ) Visitor: thank you
( 12m 23s ) <>: Thanks for the wait.
( 13m 9s ) <>: Please help me with that Ea&#39;s email which is linked to youe xbox.
( 13m 12s ) <>: your*
( 14m 37s ) Visitor: unfortunately that&#39;s where I&#39;m having a problem
My main email address used to be [retracted] but could otherwise be an old hotmail account
( 15m 59s ) Visitor: If it helps, the only other EA account I knowingly had had the free demo of the Command &amp; Conquer game that got cancelled after the Command &amp; Conquer: The First Decade got released on PC - I inadvertently claimed the demo on the secondary account
( 16m 37s ) <>: I can see that account is linked with an deleted account.
( 17m 32s ) Visitor: It would make sense that the old EA account was deleted/closed down. It hasn&#39;t been used for so long
( 18m 43s ) <>: Here is the only solution that reset the password with the last active email from your end.
( 18m 53s ) <>: As we can not do anything with the deleted account.
( 19m 22s ) Visitor: If the email account itself is closed, how can I proceed?
( 20m 44s ) Visitor: Also, if the EA account is deleted, surely it would be possible to break the link between my Xbox account and the deleted EA account?
( 22m 31s ) <>: If it had been possible then I would go for that.
( 24m 17s ) Visitor: Ok, so given that I have access to my Xbox account (but there is no option there to remove the former link), I have an existing EA account, my secondary account is deleted and so is the email address linked to it, what options do I have to use the EA Play service that I am supposed to be able to get through my Xbox subscription?
( 26m 15s ) <>: Please contact your email provider once and try to recover that email. This is the only option.
( 26m 34s ) <>: As many player came out from this situation like this.
( 27m 14s ) Visitor: Ok, please could this be escalated as I find it hard to believe that a deleted account can&#39;t have an Xbox account unlinked from it
( 27m 43s ) <>: So you are not believing me.
( 28m 31s ) Visitor: The email account in question hasn&#39;t been accessible for over a decade, so it is unlikely that I will be able to get it recovered. Are you believing me when I say this.
( 29m 18s ) Visitor: This is why I am asking for this to be escalated.
( 30m 57s ) <>: Yes! I believe you. But there is no process to recover the deleted account on our end and it&#39;s a matter of security. When a player ask us to deleted the account we need to delete the dat from the server due to legal.
( 31m 16s ) Visitor: That&#39;s fine, so you will have therefore deleted the link
( 31m 45s ) Visitor: Otherwise you are holding my personal data in the form of an identifying Xbox Live gamertag which would be in breach of GDPR
( 33m 21s ) <>: Xbox is another company. We don&#39;t have any control over it even though we can only see the gamertag.
( 35m 15s ) Visitor: It is EA&#39;s system that won&#39;t let me link gamertags as my gamertag is linked to another EA account. So this is data held on your systems. You as EA have been able to see that my Gamertag is linked to a deleted account, so this is data that is on your systems. Are you telling me that if I contact Microsoft, they can unlink the account from their end?
( 38m 1s ) <>: No! I would not set any false expectation with you and you are assuming the things that we can see the data. Xbox is another company and they will never share the data with us. For this you can contact to Xbox support to know more about this.
( 39m 42s ) Visitor: ok, so as Microsoft (Xbox) cannot remove the link from their end it is therefore an issue with EA&#39;s systems, so I am asking for the third time for this to be escalated please so that I may access the service I am entitled to
( 40m 47s ) <>: Please believe me. We don&#39;t have any option to transfer the case.
( 42m 17s ) Visitor: So knowing that I will not be able to resolve the email situation, that you have confirmed that you believe me on this, and that you acknowledge that Microsoft can&#39;t resolve this from their end, what solutions can EA offer me?
( 43m 24s ) <>: I have already informed you that we can&#39;t have any process for the deleted account as we don&#39;t have the data. Then how can we recover it.
( 44m 48s ) <>: Apart from this issue, Is there anything else, I may help you with ?
( 45m 19s ) Visitor: I&#39;m not after the recovery of a deleted account, I&#39;m asking for all attributes of that account to be deleted which would in turn remove the link. You have told me that this is a legal requirement. You are aware of my deleted account and that my gamertag is linked to it so you have identifiable data which needs to be purged under GDPR. So I am asking what EA can do to remove the link, not restore a deleted account.
If the account is deleted, how can it be restored with a forgotten password route anyway?
( 47m 50s ) <>: We can only see the xbox account with an deleted EA account. there is a special sign of deleted account.
( 48m 13s ) Visitor: So the account is deleted and therefore the link should be broken
( 49m 23s ) <>: Before deleting the account we share a disclaimer with the player. If they accept it the we can delete it and the the thing are written in the disclaimer.
( 49m 48s ) Visitor: So the disclaimer locks the gamertag to that account? May I see a copy of this?
( 51m 34s ) <>: After the process is completed:
You will not be able to use any persona IDs (e.g., Playstation, Xbox, Nintendo, etc.) connected to your account on another account. If this is why you’re requesting a deletion, let us know so we can help you another way.
The case history associated with your account will be permanently deleted, so you won’t be able to contact us about any cases you have made.
You will lose access to entitlements, games, subscriptions, and in-game purchases associated with your account.
You won’t be able to access any EA games downloaded or purchased on Steam or Epic, since they are connected to your EA Account.
You’ll be removed as a user from all EA Forums, and if you’ve posted on an EA Forum, we will either delete your forum name or the posts themselves. If you have an EA Forum account that doesn’t use your EA Account credentials to login, such as a SWTOR Forum account, then you will need to make a separate request to delete those.
If you’re playing an EA game on Facebook, you&#39;ll need to go to Apps and Websites in your Facebook Settings to remove any EA apps.
If you have an EA PLAY subscription on your console, you’ll need to contact Microsoft or Sony to cancel it.
Any Terms of Service violations that may be associated with your games or account will remain.
Once your request is completed, you may be able to recover your account by resetting your password. However, we cannot guarantee this, and you may not get everything back.
Can you confirm that you would still like to delete your account?
( 53m 28s ) Visitor: Please could you send me the disclaimer that would have applied at the time, as EA Play is a new system that would not have been a part of the disclaimer that would have been issued around the time of last access of that deleted account. It is therefore not a disclaimer that I would have seen
( 54m 47s ) <>: That&#39;s the disclaimer which i have sent you.
( 55m 1s ) <>: That&#39;s acoount deletion disclaimer.
( 56m 4s ) Visitor: So you&#39;re telling me that I would have read a disclaimer prior to the creation of EA Play, but it would have contained details about EA Play? I haven&#39;t accessed the secondary account for approx a decade. EA Play launched on Xbox in 2014
( 56m 58s ) <>: You have accepted the disclaimer before deleting the account.
( 58m 8s ) <>: Apart from this issue, Is there anything else, I may help you with ?
( 58m 22s ) Visitor: EA Play first launched on Xbox One, however prior to me getting Xbox Game Pass to stream games via my PC the most recent games console I had from Microsoft was the Xbox 360. I have not accessed the old EA account for over a decade, which would have included deletion. So you&#39;re telling me I agreed to a disclaimer that didn&#39;t exist at the time.
( 1h 0m 13s ) Visitor: I appreciate you&#39;re reading scripted processes and that they do not apply to this situation, which clearly means that this case needs to be escalated. Every customer service team has a line of management. I am therefore asking for the fourth time for this to be escalated
( 1h 0m 48s ) <>: I&#39;m very positive that you would not make your concern repetitive as I&#39;ve given you the best information which I can from my end. Please let me know if there is anything else I may assist you with apart from this ?
( 1h 1m 6s ) Visitor: I would like this to be escalated to a line manager please
( 1h 2m 1s ) <>: We’ve done everything we could in this case. Would there be anything else apart from this concern I can help you with, if not we may need to close this chat session ?
( 1h 2m 54s ) Visitor: Are you refusing to escalate this as it sounds like you are now obstructing me from finding a solution to a problem that can only be in EAs control now
( 1h 3m 22s ) <>: Since I’ve already provided required information regarding this case, I am now closing this chat session. Thank you for contacting EA Chat Support.
Chat Ended by: Agent
Chat Duration: 59m 20s
Wait Time: 4m 6s

[CM - Edited to remove staff name]

Message 1 of 6 (10,149 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @darkedgy,

If you open a new case and state that you'd like to make a complaint, the advisor will walk through that process with you.

You can find information on how to access your data here, or for any GDPR requests you'll need to speak with an advisor and they can get that started as well.

Neither of those situations can be handled via the forums I'm afraid.

Accounts cannot be unlinked from an EA Account if you're unable to verify enough information to prove ownership of the EA Account. 

Mako.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (9,878 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @darkedgy,

I'm afraid we're unable to make any account changes or review these types of situations on the forums as we aren't able to verify or discuss any account information in a public space.

This will involve recovering the old account or verifying enough information for an advisor to be able to make those changes for you, so to do that you would need to reach back out and speak with another advisor.

Mako.png
Message 2 of 6 (10,100 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you for this. As you can see from the transcript, the advisor on the line was not willing to offer me a solution like that which you have suggested, as in verifying enough information for an advisor to make the changes for me.

I will try again and hope that I get better luck.

Message 3 of 6 (10,063 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Ok, I have only got slightly further and I'll be honest, I'm not confident with the information I have been given by two advisors now as the information contradicts. Full transcript below but the key bulletpoints are:

• I am currently paying for EA Play via my Xbox Gamer Pass account - I cannot access EA Play due to barriers EA are putting up in front of me.
  • The email address I believe that the old EA account is linked to no longer exists and the domain holder no longer creates emails under the domain.
  • I know the EA ID
  • Despite <> avoiding the question, I found a way to attempt to log in via my Xbox credentials. This didn't work as my old EA account password has expired and needs to be changed.
    • I followed on screen instructions which took me back to EA help.
  • The Gamertag is a potentially identifiable source of information and as such I have the right to have that removed from existing EA systems if I should choose so under the General Data Protection Regulation (UK). 2 Advisors have told me this is not possible, but it must be to be compliant with the law on data handling. 
  • <> suggested that Microsoft have the ability, if willing, to remove the link on EA's servers. <> then backtracked and said that this was not necessary, despite the email situation. Md yesterday indicated this would not be possible.

I accept that there are procedures in place to protect accounts from being hacked. However, it is simply not a case that this process is suitable for genuine customers who have a problem and that there must be a way around this. It's rather archaic that a deleted account isn't really deleted and could potentially create it's own GDPR issues.

<> (23/11/2021, 12:30:13): Thank you for contacting EA HELP, my name is <>, may I start with your first name please?
(23/11/2021, 12:30:22): Hi <>, my name is Nathan
<> (23/11/2021, 12:30:53): Hello Nathan! Nice to meet you. Hope you're doing well. How may I help you at this moment?
(23/11/2021, 12:33:07): I am having problems with unlinking my Gamertag from an old and rarely used secondary EA account so that I can link it to my current main EA account to use EA Play. I have subscribed to Xbox Game Pass with EA Play but cannot access the EA Play side of things until I can link my account.

The second EA account status is currently 'deleted' and the email address used to register it can't be accessed and isn't recoverable. A colleague of yours on the forum suggested you may be able to restore the account and remove the link if you're able to identify enough information about me in order to do so.
<> (23/11/2021, 12:35:09): Alright champ! As I understand your concern you have an issue with unlinking your Xbox from an EA account.
<> (23/11/2021, 12:35:20): I will surely try my best to help you fix your issue. Please do not worry as we are here to help you.
(23/11/2021, 12:35:59): Thank you
<> (23/11/2021, 12:36:31): May I know the original email address of the EA Account on which you have issues?
(23/11/2021, 12:37:17): I believe it was [redacted] (I haven't accessed the account for approx 10 years so I'm going by memory)

If it helps, an advisor yesterday was able to locate the account with my gamertag [redacted]
<> (23/11/2021, 12:37:50): Please let me try for you.
<> (23/11/2021, 12:41:04): Alright! I can see it's a deleted account.
<> (23/11/2021, 12:41:43): So we can't check what email ID was linked with this account since the account is deleted and we can't access the logs.
<> (23/11/2021, 12:42:30): All you need to do is restore the account with the email ID with all possible email IDs you have.
(23/11/2021, 12:45:10): Ok, but if it is linked to the email address I can't access (I don't believe that address even exists any more as that's similarly not been accessible for over a decade) is there any other way my gamertag can be freed from a deleted account?
<> (23/11/2021, 12:46:08): No, since the account is already deleted only the account owner can retrieve it and make the changes.
<> (23/11/2021, 12:46:47): I understand you are an account owner but since you don't remember the credentials then even EA can't help you.
(23/11/2021, 12:47:55): Ok, so if I made a GDPR request to have my identifying information (gamertag) removed from all existing records, how would EA process that?
<> (23/11/2021, 12:49:21): For deleted account we can't have the tracks and logs so we can no help a player make a changes.
(23/11/2021, 12:50:37): So this would be a breach of the General Data Protection Regulation regarding identifiable information you hold about me.
<> (23/11/2021, 12:52:34): Dear Nathan, I hope if you can understand that since even we can't access a deleted account's logs info only the true account owner can retrieve the account.
(23/11/2021, 12:53:45): May I ask if you're able to see if the EA account ID is [redacted]

I have just tried the restore process and instead of being told it is wrong, I have been told that my password will be sent to the email on the account (wierdly in HTML script rather than a web page)

"We sent instructions on how to reset your password to the email you used to set up your EA Account. Check your spam folder if you don't see it within the next few minutes"
<> (23/11/2021, 12:54:58): I can see the GT is still showing linked with the account.
<> (23/11/2021, 12:55:13): SO you receive the email with the reset password.
(23/11/2021, 12:55:35): Yes but I don't have access to the email account as it no longer exists
<> (23/11/2021, 12:57:27): Then you can't make any changes.
<> (23/11/2021, 12:57:36): Please let me know if there is anything else I may help you with.
(23/11/2021, 12:59:09): So is there any way I can get access to the EA Play service that I am paying for?
<> (23/11/2021, 13:00:44): Sir please try and understand that once you verify the true account ownership then only after the account verification purpose you can make the changes in the account.
(23/11/2021, 13:02:01): That's what I'm attempting to do but EA is limiting my ability to do this
(23/11/2021, 13:02:14): Is there any way I can access it via my Xbox gamertag?
<> (23/11/2021, 13:03:00): For the account safety and security purpose EA has made such policy so no intruder or phisher could attempt through us to take over your account.
<> (23/11/2021, 13:03:39): Even if the true account owner comes and says that account credentials and linked platform belongs to him.
<> (23/11/2021, 13:04:00): All you need to verify the account and recover it.
(23/11/2021, 13:05:44): I understand that there needs to be security protocols, but for genuine people that have a problem there should surely be a workaround. that's why I'm asking if I am able to attempt to log into EA with my gamertag anywhere
<> (23/11/2021, 13:07:42): Sir I also informed you that there is no way apart from what you're expecting from us.
<> (23/11/2021, 13:07:52): You have to believe us.
(23/11/2021, 13:07:52): I have just found a method to log in via my gamertag, but again in doing so it is telling me that my password will be emailed to an email account that no longer exists
<> (23/11/2021, 13:08:20): This is the only option we have sir.
<> (23/11/2021, 13:08:50): Else we would not kept informing you the same thing again.
(23/11/2021, 13:08:51): It actually told me that my password had expired and that I would need to reset it, so it accepted my gamertag credentials
(23/11/2021, 13:09:53): The message I am getting brings me back here: Please reset your password
Your login credentials might have expired. Good news: all you need to do is reset your password.

If you need additional help, please visit help.ea.com.
(23/11/2021, 13:10:20): So please could I have help resetting my password?
<> (23/11/2021, 13:11:46): I think now you're not understanding what I am saying. How can we help you reset a password for an account that you do not even remember.
<> (23/11/2021, 13:12:35): To send you reset password we need the original email that you do not remember and manually it can not be changed since we can't access the deleted account.
(23/11/2021, 13:14:02): I do remember the account, I don't have access to the email address it is linked to and the password has expired. I've advised you what I believe the EA ID to be and I have been able to get as far as the password reset but I don't have access to the email account as it no longer exists. I have already provided EA with the email address of [redacted].

The problem isn't that I don't remember the email address, it is that the email address no longer exists for me to be able to access it in the first place
<> (23/11/2021, 13:15:52): You are making me helpless by asking for something that we can't help you with.
<> (23/11/2021, 13:16:15): Why would I waste your time if we had any alternate to offer you?
<> (23/11/2021, 13:17:24): Still I suggest you please wait for some time and try to remember the right email ID wit all your possible email attempts.
<> (23/11/2021, 13:17:37): Otherwise there is no way apart from this.
(23/11/2021, 13:18:25): I believe you are misunderstanding. I remember the email address, I cannot access it as it no longer exists
(23/11/2021, 13:18:52): It is not a case that anyone will be able to access the email account as it is gone. it does not exist at all
<> (23/11/2021, 13:19:54): Please accept my sincere apology if I sound misunderstanding.
<> (23/11/2021, 13:20:23): There is only one way that only a player can make the changes with a deleted account.
<> (23/11/2021, 13:20:49): We can not do anything as we can't access track or locate any account details or logs.
<> (23/11/2021, 13:20:58): So no changes can be done.
<> (23/11/2021, 13:21:38): You need to get the account access first else you'll lost the credentials and belongings.
<> (23/11/2021, 13:22:07): Moreover this you can ask the console team to unlink for your Xbox.
(23/11/2021, 13:23:05): I have considered contacting Microsoft to do this (assuming you mean them) - however your colleage Md yesterday advised me that this wasn't possible
<> (23/11/2021, 13:26:06): Alright then! I would suggest you first get the account access by contacting the domain party as this is the only way you can get the access and restore your account to unlink your Xbox.
<> (23/11/2021, 13:27:04): Please let me know if there is anything else I may help you with.
(23/11/2021, 13:27:45): What is the 'domain party'? I'm not familiar with this term and want to make sure I understand this correctly
<> (23/11/2021, 13:28:36): Like your email domain ends with Gmail so you have to contact them for the account access.
(23/11/2021, 13:29:21): Ok, I thought you said I could ask the console team to unlink the gamertag?
<> (23/11/2021, 13:30:13): No need to do that .
<> (23/11/2021, 13:30:35): Is there anything else I may help you with?
(23/11/2021, 13:30:49): No need or it's not possible?
<> (23/11/2021, 13:31:12): I didn't get you.
(23/11/2021, 13:31:41): You said I could contact the console team. But now you're telling me that there is no need - but if this offers me a solution then there is a need
<> (23/11/2021, 13:32:45): Alright then! You can contact them if you want else majorly you need to contact Gmail if your email domain was with Gmail or any other domain.
(23/11/2021, 13:34:07): So just for clarification: Microsoft will have the ability to unlink my Xbox Gamertag from the old EA account so that I can link it to my main EA account?
(23/11/2021, 13:34:19): As if so, that seems like a far easier solution
<> (23/11/2021, 13:35:47): It is all up to them. Otherwise you have the second option to contact with the domain team to get the access for your email and easily get your account restored back. Then I think you won't have to unlink the Xbox too.
(23/11/2021, 13:37:30): And to further clarify, I'm not looking at changing gamertag, but keeping my gamertag which is almost 20 years old, but removing the EA link so that I can link it to my existing EA account. If that is the case, that sounds like the most sensible solution given that my old email account hasn't existed for a decade.
<> (23/11/2021, 13:38:52): Cool. So please let me know if there is anything else I may help you with.
(23/11/2021, 13:40:25): Ok, I'm taking that response as confirming that this is an option and I will attempt to contact Microsoft to attempt to unlink from their end.
<> (23/11/2021, 13:41:39): This is just a suggestion as we can't confirm if they will make the changes or not. What I have suggested you about is contact the domain team to get the email access back.
<> (23/11/2021, 13:42:46): There is no need to contact console team but if you wish then you can proceed. From our side please be strongly confirmed and sure on to get the access of your email with the email ID domain team. Alright?
(23/11/2021, 13:43:27): Ok, contacting the console team was your suggestion as above - whether or not they're willing is one thing, but you have implied that they would have the capability to do so if willing and this I will take to them, thank you
<> (23/11/2021, 13:44:04): Alright!
<> (23/11/2021, 13:44:15): We hope to maintain a good relation in future with you.
(23/11/2021, 13:46:58): Thank you.

[CM - Edited to remove staff name]

Message 4 of 6 (10,046 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Right unfortunately this problem is still not resolved.

Despite what your advisor told me (as per the transcript), Microsoft aren't able to update EA's information on their servers and as such I have gone around in circles.

Their tech support came back with:

"Hello,

Unfortunately since it's an EA account, we cannot unlink it from our end, you need to investigate further with EA support."

When I explained further that I have exhausted that avenue:

"We completely understand your concerns, but please be aware there is nothing we can do from our end. EA needs to assist you with your request since the issue is on their end."

And again when I expressed to them my disappointment in EA, they responded with:

"Please be aware as Xbox support we do not have any contact with EA support, we completely understand your frustration and concern. We kindly ask you to reach to EA support in order to get this sorted for you, since the issue is on their end."

As I have tried your advisers twice now and have been told mistruths by both advisors, I would like to see a copy of the complaints procedure and I would like to request how I get in contact with your data controller as per UK GDPR.

Message 5 of 6 (9,882 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @darkedgy,

If you open a new case and state that you'd like to make a complaint, the advisor will walk through that process with you.

You can find information on how to access your data here, or for any GDPR requests you'll need to speak with an advisor and they can get that started as well.

Neither of those situations can be handled via the forums I'm afraid.

Accounts cannot be unlinked from an EA Account if you're unable to verify enough information to prove ownership of the EA Account. 

Mako.png
Message 6 of 6 (9,879 Views)