Unlinking accounts (GAMERTAG, PSN ID)

by SeanStev

Original Post

Re: UNLINKING GAMERTAGS

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I just spent 2 hours trying to get this done. Each person I spoke to (on the phone and through chat) said they couldn't do this.  I do not care if I lose progress in my games.  I just want one account.  If my data breaks and I have to reinstall or even rebuy the game fine.  I had this issue with another company last year and the process was so easy and everything got linked to one account.  I just want this mess to be over. 

Message 81 of 105 (5,373 Views)

Anonymous

Are EA/Electronic Arts working on an update or changing things, so people can unlink a PSN ID or XBOX Gamertag from an EA account or transfer it to another account with no problem? I wanted to move my PSN ID to another EA account, as I have 2 PSN ID on my EA account and only need one. EA are stupid for allowing more than one gaming account on an EA account, because you can't even remove them. I mean what if you want PlayStation to delete one of your PSN ID but you can't because it still has strings to your EA account and will always be there? Also what if some peoples accounts get banned and they want it off their EA account? This is not good enough EA! I was told I could get a PSN ID moved to a new EA account from a guy called Satyavrat B from EA Customer Experience, he said I would have to make a XBOX LIVE account on new EA account before a PSN ID could be moved to it. I made my new EA account and phoned EA back and got another guy called Duncan C from EA Customer Experience and I explained it all and told him what the last guy Satyavrat B said. Duncan C said he would get the PSN ID I don't use moved to the new EA account and he told me the problems that can happen to the account, as he had to tell me. But then he noticed I played the Battlefield 1 Beta on the PSN ID I do use and wanted to keep on my current EA account and he told me that the persona transfer would make my PSN ID not manage to connect to Battlefield 1 and could stop me playing any EA games online and he said this would affect both PSN ID. Duncan C said he would ask them to still move my PSN ID if I wanted, but he said he did not think they would allow the PSN ID to be moved anyway. Of course I said no I did not want the PSN ID moved and he said EA are aware this is a problem and he said I can just hope that this gets sorted out in the future. Sort your rubbish out EA! Please get your tech guys working on this very annoying problem! Me and many others are dealing with this and this is not good enough! No wonder EA has been voted worst company in America more than once! The EA ADMIN/COMMUNITY MANAGER in these posts send links with info that does not help one bit! We need action and we need EA to sort this problem out NOW instead of pushing links on us that don't help! EA have had years to get this sorted out and still nothing has been done. On Ubisoft you can unlink a PSN ID or XBOX Gamertag and Activision you can unlink a PSN ID or XBOX Gamertag, but with EA/Electronic Arts they can't do the simplest of things. What a joke! Broken heart

Message 82 of 105 (5,324 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hi all,

The following article goes over unlinking Console ID's in detail:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/linking-your-origin-account-with-your-psn-id-and-gamertag/

What if my Gamertag or PSN ID is linked to the wrong account?

If you have both a Gamertag and a PSN ID but they’re on separate accounts, or if they’re linked to an account you don’t use, we have a few options for you including:

• If your Gamertag and/or PSN ID are linked to an account you don’t use, you can update that account’s information to get back in the game.
  • If you created an accidental second account with your primary email address and want to move it to your account with your games, learn how to swap the emails here.
  • If you’ve got multiple EA Accounts with games on them, but your console ID is only linked to one account, one of our advisors may be able to help move your other games to that account.
  • If you have multiple EA Accounts with games and console IDs attached to them, we’ll discuss options for moving those accounts with you. We can only move them to an account that does not already have a PSN ID or Gamertag attached to it.

IMPORTANT:

If we move an account with a PSN ID or Xbox Gamertag on it, that’s called a persona transfer. Persona transfers are risky and can be damaging to one or more of your accounts. Find out more information about them here. We'll discuss all of this with you when you contact us.

Message 83 of 105 (50,587 Views)

★★★ Newbie

All the community managers say the same copy and pasted things. We just want something simple (at least some of us do) disconnect my old EA account from my psn account. Don't carry over info Don't carry over save data just delete it so I can connect my shiny new EA account to it. (There is literally nothing on the old EA account) just want to play battlefront with an account that is useful. Can't get on old email for old EA account don't know it. Don't know password either. Please just get it disconnected.

Message 84 of 105 (5,224 Views)

★★★ Newbie
hahahaha EA too brain dead to fix a problem that has been going on for years. People want their gamertags unlinked, like most other services, PROVIDE AN UNLINK BUTTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 85 of 105 (4,801 Views)

★★ Novice

I have an EA account linked to my PSN account. That EA account's email address is an account I no longer have access to (previous workplace) and I forgot the password

I have an EA account I actually use, which uses the same email address that my PSN account does. 

CLEARLY it would be very easy for someone to verify this and simply link my PSN account to that EA account that I actually use

I need someone to help me sort this out.

Message 86 of 105 (4,563 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Ive looked thru forums at this subject after 3 hours with EA support in 2 sessions blamed PSN to for not being able to unlink my account on jan 26 and on jan 27 2 hours with PSN agent said its EA so what do I do now that I cant unlink my account now do I call congress or pay a hacker on the darkweb to fix it because it shouldn't be this hard to do something so simple. I have lost beta access for Anthem for this might not even buy due to this mess. this is a shame on EA and needs to be FIXED ASAP thank you.

Message 87 of 105 (4,261 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
This is absolutely RIDICULOUS that there is not just a button that allows you to unlink your gamer tag and allow you to add a new one...why is this still such a big deal for EA!? No wonder they had poor quarterly earnings!
Message 88 of 105 (4,181 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
this is not helpful and I don't understand who is hiring at EA but apparently all you need to know what to do is press ctrv v, and it's stupid all people want is to be able to unlink their psnid or xbox gamertag,which should just be available but it's not, I really hope you fix this and make this a feature
Message 89 of 105 (4,128 Views)

★★ Novice

@fijiwater0 wrote:
this is not helpful and I don't understand who is hiring at EA but apparently all you need to know what to do is press ctrv v, and it's stupid all people want is to be able to unlink their psnid or xbox gamertag,which should just be available but it's not, I really hope you fix this and make this a feature

do you mean that you actually got someone at EA to help you with this? they would not help me at all with this because I didn’t have access to the email adress anymore 

Message 90 of 105 (4,119 Views)