Re: Unknown login error occurred (Madden 23) - every two games

by EA_Illium

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unknown login error occurred (Madden 23) - every two games

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I receive the unknown loggin error after every few games of madden are played. The only resolution that works is removing my gamer tag from my Xbox then re-adding. 7/10 I am able to login in and play an online match after this. However, I am tired of doing this every time I would like to play an online match. Nothing is wrong with my router, my connection is fine, my settings are fine, I’ve been in this thread for about a month. EA please mitigate this issue. 

Message 1 of 17 (23,270 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Community Manager

HI @inherintglint78 @DeeMaCC Can we try going through the follow to check if this continue?

• Quit the game and other running apps from Quick Resume (For Series X|S consoles)
  • Remove any connected device, or additional USB's from the console then restart the Xbox and check
  • Check for updates 
  • Try the steps in our Connection and Advance Connection Guides 
  • Open you're Xbox NAT Type
  • Change DNS settings (You can use the public google DNS primary: 8.8.8.8, secondary: 8.8.4.4, unless there is a different DNS you would rather use)  
  • Persistent Storage 
    • Go to settings > Select Device & Connections > Then Blue-Ray 
    • Select Persistent Storage > Clear Persistent Storage 
  • Alternate Mac: 
    • Go to settings > Select General  > Then Network settings 
    • Go to advanced settings > Alternate Mac address > Select clear 
    • Select restart 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 3 of 17 (23,132 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I am seriously tired of deleting and re-adding my profile to the XBOX just to play this game. the process works every time but WHY do we have to do that. Madden 22 didn't have this problem, other games do not have this issue.  EA can you fix it, I mean it is your software.

Message 2 of 17 (23,165 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

HI @inherintglint78 @DeeMaCC Can we try going through the follow to check if this continue?

• Quit the game and other running apps from Quick Resume (For Series X|S consoles)
  • Remove any connected device, or additional USB's from the console then restart the Xbox and check
  • Check for updates 
  • Try the steps in our Connection and Advance Connection Guides 
  • Open you're Xbox NAT Type
  • Change DNS settings (You can use the public google DNS primary: 8.8.8.8, secondary: 8.8.4.4, unless there is a different DNS you would rather use)  
  • Persistent Storage 
    • Go to settings > Select Device & Connections > Then Blue-Ray 
    • Select Persistent Storage > Clear Persistent Storage 
  • Alternate Mac: 
    • Go to settings > Select General  > Then Network settings 
    • Go to advanced settings > Alternate Mac address > Select clear 
    • Select restart 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 3 of 17 (23,133 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have uninstalled and reinstalled but nothing i working. I have gone through the checklist. Anything else i can do?

Message 4 of 17 (21,650 Views)

★★ Novice

These suggestions don't work because it's not an Xbox issue or an internet issue, it's a Madden issue. I have FIFA, another EA game, and this aspect of the game works perfectly fine (i.e. I'm not experiencing the same issues with FIFA that I am with Madden). This has been an issue since Madden came out for me. 

I contacted EA's support team about this and they said, "As I have checked that this is known issue and many players are facing the same issue over the world. Just to inform you that this is issue has been already highlighted with dedicated team. I request you to kindly wait for some time." 

When I asked how EA's support team will get in touch with me and let me know once the issue has been resolved, they said, "As per the investigation, I have found that this is a known issue to us. Our dedicated teams are working hard on the issue to fix it at earliest. I would request you to please keep an eye on our official Website and Social media page for further updates and information. You may follow the below links for reference- 1. Twitter page link-https://twitter.com/EAHelp?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor 2. Official website- www.ea.com or help.ea.com"

So EA's best effort to help us with an issue that has been happening since the game came out, an issue that prevents their customers from being able to login to their EA account and play their game online is basically "Idk we'll try to figure it out and you can keep an eye on our website to see if we ever actually figure out a solution." 

I got this same runaround response with three customer service agents. Finally, the fourth customer service agent said EA's support team would email me once they have a solution to this problem, but the fact that this issue has been going on since the game was released and they still do not have a solution does not have me feeling very hopeful. 

This is absolutely ridiculous. 

Message 5 of 17 (21,163 Views)

★★★★ Novice

When I go into madden it says in order to access the online features for this title your account on PlayStation network must be signed in and you must be signed in to ea servers I’m on ps5 and I’ve tried bought two madden discs and it’s been like this since December 23

Message 6 of 17 (19,611 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How would one do that?

Message 7 of 17 (18,247 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just finished downloading the game and doing the update and im recieing the same error how do i fix this does anyone know 

Message 8 of 17 (17,654 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was having the same login error (ps4) I logged in online in my EA Sports Account and changed my password to a new password and that worked for me!!! Hopes This Helps Somebody who's having this problem!!

Message 9 of 17 (17,204 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same issue as other players where I cannot login to the EA servers for Madden 23. I’m on a PS5. It was working about 2 weeks ago but now it will load the game very quickly but not into EA servers. I have tried all the different connection troubleshooting steps and my internet is fine. Other games work without issue. It’s just when I try connecting to EA servers for Madden 23. I’m guessing it has something to do with my EA account when trying to login to MUT. But the app works when I login. EA, what is going on!?

Message 10 of 17 (15,856 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help