Re: Unknown email account associated with EA account

by EA_Aljo

Original Post

Community Manager

Hello, @leafytree2000.

What game are you trying to play? Regardless, normally when you're treated like a new player it's because you're logging in with the wrong email. That would mean you're logging into a different account than the one you usually play on.

Aljo.png
Message 11 of 17 (1,301 Views)

★ Novice

I have this exact same issue. Member since 2012 and now I have no idea what the email is and tried account recovery through chat and now all my 9 years of purchases are gone. Screw EA. This is unacceptable. 

Message 12 of 17 (1,150 Views)

Community Manager

@knightundergroun 

I know this is incredibly frustrating. I'm very sorry for that. We'd love to get you back into your account, but you'll need to correctly answer the account recovery questions. Possibly you used the same details on other accounts from that time? 

Aljo.png
Message 13 of 17 (1,136 Views)

★ Novice

Perhaps you should better train your people so I don’t have to waste my time going through the process playing guessing games to learn the “correct” info to give? I’ve already done it twice. Your people failed to tell me things each time. For instance, the IP address you want is the routers global IP not the IP of the phone I’m communicating on OR the IP of the Xbox, both on a local network. Also, the purchase has to be an EA GAME not anything else unless made direct from EA (which I have NEVER done). So I’ll be trying again today and after this, NEVER buying an EA title again for myself of my children. 

Message 14 of 17 (1,129 Views)

Community Manager

@knightundergroun 

If we used the IP of the device you're not playing on, that would be very easy for anyone to take over an account. I could contact support and claim an account is mine and give the IP of the device I'm on. That's not going to verify you own the account that is on a specific IP that is connecting to our games. I get the frustration and I hate to see it happen, but we have these measures in place to help ensure accounts are about turned over to the rightful owners.

Aljo.png
Message 15 of 17 (1,125 Views)

★ Novice

The point is that two different “support” people failed to clarify exactly which IP address they need. A global iP is a lot different than a device iP on a local network. And you want the global iP I’m guessing since a lot of people have routers that auto assign 192.168.001 etc to devices locally

Message 16 of 17 (1,119 Views)

Community Manager

@knightundergroun 

You should be able to ask them to clarify what they need. It doesn't make sense they would use the 192 address as you pointed out since, as you mentioned, that's a local IP.

Aljo.png
Message 17 of 17 (1,114 Views)