Re: Unknown Error

by tomate_boi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unknown Error

★★★ Novice

Im getting an error all of the sudden called "unknown error" every time i try and launch the game' literally cant do anything.

i tried repair, tried to manually do the anti cheat thing, even uninstalled and reinstalled, nothing.

If anyone can shed some light please do

Message 1 of 8 (3,748 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

I managed to fix it eventually by deleting the entire Cache folders of both origin and apex legends, I cant remember exactly where both folders where but if you look up the cache location you'd find it easily, somewhere in appdata and Programdata Hope this helps everyone else

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (3,686 Views)

All Replies

Hey @ComradKenobi 

Can you make a screenshot of the error?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 2 of 8 (3,738 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Hi @ComradKenobi 

Ensure that your Firewall and/or Antivirus are not blocking the connection .The easiest way would be adding an exception for the Origin Client and your game to the exclusion list.Fingers crossed

- yahel_1

Retired champion.
Message 3 of 8 (3,730 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Zeelmaekers Never mind already i managed to find a fix but thanks for trying to help
Message 4 of 8 (3,687 Views)

★★★ Novice
@yahel_1 Never mind already i managed to find a fix but thanks for trying to help, my firewall wasnt blocking btw, im gonna post a solution for anyone to fix if they'll incounter it aswell
Message 5 of 8 (3,686 Views)

★★★ Novice

I managed to fix it eventually by deleting the entire Cache folders of both origin and apex legends, I cant remember exactly where both folders where but if you look up the cache location you'd find it easily, somewhere in appdata and Programdata Hope this helps everyone else

Message 6 of 8 (3,687 Views)

Error: Unknown error

★ Novice

I get this error every time I try to open the game. I have repaired game, and reinstalled, and problem still persists. No apex_crash.txt is generated. Please help.

not good

Message 7 of 8 (3,466 Views)

★ Novice

weirdly, enough, I restarted my computer and it started working

very strange

Message 8 of 8 (3,387 Views)