Unable to use Thrustmaster T.1600M with PS4

by jgarbers

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to use Thrustmaster T.1600M with PS4

★★★ Newbie

I'm new to gaming on the PS4 -- used to play the original X-Wing and related games on PCs back in the 90s and am really looking forward to enjoying Squadrons too.

I'm trying to use a Thrustmaster T.1600M FCS (just the stick, not the throttle control) with Squadrons on our PS4. I've confirmed that the stick works fine connected to various Windows PCs -- it's recognized automatically and all buttons and axes are okay, so I don't think this is an issue with the stick. We've plugged the FCS into both front USB ports on the PS4 but never see an indication from the PS4 that it recognizes the stick at all. We've poked around in the control menus of Squadrons for over an hour and don't see any option to enable or select it, or any indication that it's present at all.

We've tried plugging a USB keyboard into the front ports, and it was recognized immediately, so I doubt the front ports have failed in some way.

The PS4 says that it's running the latest version of Squadrons after downloading and installing a patch.

Any idea about what we might be doing wrong? I'd really appreciate any help or suggestions anyone can offer here... my large old hands aren't particularly compatible with the DualShock (at least that's my working excuse for how badly I'm flying so far...!)

Thank you!

Message 1 of 5 (6,244 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to use Thrustmaster T.1600M with PS4

★★★ Newbie
@jgarbers Yes. Mate, PS4 only supports a couple of sticks and not the one you’re using. You’ll have to get the Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas 4. It’s not a Squadron issue. It’s a PS4 unsupported controller.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (6,212 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
@jgarbers Yes. Mate, PS4 only supports a couple of sticks and not the one you’re using. You’ll have to get the Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas 4. It’s not a Squadron issue. It’s a PS4 unsupported controller.
Message 2 of 5 (6,213 Views)

Community Manager

@jgarbers 

As @aussieriky says, this is likely a compatibility issue, there is no mention of PS4 here: 

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/products/t16000m-fcs-hotas

And the T.16000M does not show up on the PS4 page under Joysticks:

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/products/platforms/playstation-4 

barry.png
Message 3 of 5 (6,202 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks, folks, for your quick answers. What a disappointment, though... by the year 2020 I expected that a company like Sony would have come up with a way to develop and install simple mapping profiles for devices. Far as I can tell the stick is just a USB HID controller... nothing exotic that'd require a lot of special code...?

Anyway, unless I somehow get comfortable with the stock controller, I'll probably just end up selling the game. Too bad.

I appreciate your help!

Message 4 of 5 (6,180 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

there are only 2 ps4 licensed flight sticks released so far, and i think both are not as solid as T.16000m...

there are some 3rd party adaptors making it possible to use PC devices on PS4 including flight stick. 

search 

"cronus max" and "reasnow" 

Message 5 of 5 (6,071 Views)