NVIDIA DSR SUPPORT?

by ClapMyAssExodus

Original Post

Unable to use DSR (Dynamic Super Resolution) and the 144 FPS Cap

★ Novice

Hi,

i tried to upscale the Game to 4K on my 1080p Monitor using NVIDIA's DSR Technology, but the 3840x2160 Resolution does not show up in the Graphics Settings. I'm using a RTX 2080 with the latest Drivers (418.81), and DSR is properly set up in the NVIDIA Control Panel.

Another Issue that i had, was that the Game capped the FPS at 144 FPS when Gaming in 1080p with V-Sync turned off, even though i'm on a 240Hz Monitor. Enabling Adaptive Sync however resolved this Issue and unlocked the Framerate.

Message 1 of 10 (9,240 Views)

Re: Unable to use DSR (Dynamic Super Resolution) and the 144 FPS Cap

★ Apprentice

DSR does not work for Apex if you force it with nvidia drivers settings.

However, if you go to the game video settings, set your target FPS at the "adaptive resolution FPS target" then you can set the "adaptive supersampling" option to "enable".

When i do that on my 1920x1200 screen my GPU usage on my 1080Ti jumps from 20% to 85%, showting that the supersampling is working (checked with msi afterburner overlay).

Message 2 of 10 (9,164 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm on a 240Hz monitor too and been playing Overwatch on it for over a year now. I did this too to unlock the framerate, but I'm finding its actually still not 240fps being rendered, despite the framecount being displayed being 240fps. Its still actually showing about 120/144fps, even though the GPU load increases and shadowplay says the framerate has gone up to 240fps. Are you actually getting 240fps on your monitor? 

Message 3 of 10 (9,075 Views)

★ Novice
Without a doubt. I upgraded to a 2080 Ti, and i'm sitting at around 200 FPS, +-50, depending on the Scenery. The Game is constantly crashing though. It can't seem to handle the new RTX Cards.
Message 4 of 10 (9,066 Views)
Highlighted

NVIDIA DSR SUPPORT?

★ Apprentice

I would love to see Dynamic Super Resolution support for this game. It's only modified source engine so whats the hold up? It literally works with every single other game but almost as if disabled on this game.. 

Message 5 of 10 (8,518 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I use DSR so that my gaming PC can output a 4K 144Hz signal to my main display and then clone that display to a downscaled 1440p 144Hz HDMI output to send to my streaming PC. This works fine for every other game I play. Apex doesn't allow me to set a 4K resolution to my screen though simply because I have FSR enabled. The borderless game window is 2/3 the size of my screen, and if I try to run full screen, it lowers my screen's resolution and makes it difficult to switch it back to 4K.

I'm uninstalling this game until I hear of this being fixed.

Message 6 of 10 (5,897 Views)

★★ Novice

NVIDIA just released a new technique DLDSR today and it works fantastic on some of the other games I've tested it on.

However just as Apex Legends does not currently allow you to choose DSR resolutions, it also does not allow you to choose DLDSR resolutions either.  I would really love to have this supported so we can help combat the blurry TAA!

Message 7 of 10 (5,327 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes dldsr needs to be added. It has been an amazing upgrade for the games it works on.

Message 8 of 10 (5,208 Views)

★★★ Newbie

you can use dldsr you must change display resolution to 1440p in the nvidia control panel for example if ur native is 1080p then open apex legends go to video and you will see a new option that says native 1440p I have been using dldsr on apex legends all day my laptop is a 1080p and I'm playing at 1440p dldsr option.

Message 9 of 10 (4,852 Views)

★★★ Newbie

pretty sure thats just normal super resolution

Message 10 of 10 (4,118 Views)