Unable to subscribe.

by Echopapa701

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to subscribe.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I'm a preferred player coming back to the game after a break, and I am desperately trying to subscribe and I receive the error that the server is busy/overloaded/etc. 

I have tried on multiple browsers and even my phone!

Please just let me give you my money!

EDIT: I'm not sure how this works since I made my Swtor account a long time ago, but my username is not Echopapa701 but just Echopapa. I'm assuming this is because EA made an account for me?

Message 1 of 12 (1,283 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to subscribe.

@Echopapa701 

It doesnt matter what email you put on that swtor account, it is linked to the EA account i mentioned 

maybe this help article will help explain https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/swtor-account-linked/

That EA account was flagged for a password reset recently and that disables all purchasing on all linked accounts including the swtor account.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/swtor-credentials-incorrect-or-e...

Do or do not believe me, you need to call swtor support , you need to sort that EA account if you ever want to subscribe on that swtor account, or you could just make a new swtor account.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

View in thread

Message 10 of 12 (1,058 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Same issue here. Everytime I try to subscribe I get a maintenance message saying the servers are busy.

Message 2 of 12 (1,220 Views)

★★ Novice

and can't open a ticket and support don't really care since we're not subbed, smdh

Message 3 of 12 (1,188 Views)

★★★ Newbie

There's so many people with this same issue. There's a bug with the system. Don't try to sub from the site or Steam. Read the forums first. EA will take your money no doubt but I paid for a sub 5 days ago and still nothing from their support. They sent me an email asking for info so I sent it to them. This was days ago and no reply from them. A game as big as SWTOR that's been around for almost a decade you'd think they would have this under control by now and be much faster with support... 

Message 4 of 12 (1,161 Views)

@Echopapa701 

You have another EA account that is presently disabled and has the personna golfpapa10  that uses an email with a very specific domain , once that account has had a password reset then purchasing will work for that swtor account.

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 5 of 12 (1,120 Views)

@Spencerslab 

Support can see your account is subbed now , any further issues ?

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 6 of 12 (1,111 Views)

★★ Novice

That account has long been dead and I do not have access to it. I am asking for this account associated with this email.

Message 7 of 12 (1,110 Views)

@Echopapa701 

I recommend calling swtor support if that email is no longer valid for the EA account golfpapa10 as that is the linked account to that swtor account, that account will need to get sorted to fix the swtor account Echopapa

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Troubleshooting-Guides-Info/INFO-Getting-Help/td-p/4806237/jump-to/first-u...

see if they can update that account to an email you do have access too 

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 8 of 12 (1,107 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm sorry mate but that is simply not true. Even if this was the issue, I have been able to subscribe before in the time since that account wasn't available. Checked my account details as well now, it's all associated under the same email as this EA account. 

I do not want any email changes nor am I asking for it, I just want their own website to work - and so do many others who are experiencing exactly the same issue.

Message 9 of 12 (1,073 Views)

@Echopapa701 

It doesnt matter what email you put on that swtor account, it is linked to the EA account i mentioned 

maybe this help article will help explain https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/swtor-account-linked/

That EA account was flagged for a password reset recently and that disables all purchasing on all linked accounts including the swtor account.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/swtor-credentials-incorrect-or-e...

Do or do not believe me, you need to call swtor support , you need to sort that EA account if you ever want to subscribe on that swtor account, or you could just make a new swtor account.

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 10 of 12 (1,059 Views)